11.

Lucas, Tyler, Ashley and I all sat eating breakfast in a small café, talking about the race last night. Ashley is gushing over Lucas as per usual and Tyler and I are sat feeling like some sort of third wheel.

"You two should just date already." Tyler said to them.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Just date already, she likes you, you like her just get together." Tyler explained.

"You think?" Ashley pressed looking towards me, as if asking for my approval- meanwhile Lucas was looking me dead in the eye with an undecipherable look on his face.

"Yeah." I said smiling and genuinely meaning it. "Life's too fucking short."

"Fine then." Lucas said repeating exactly what he said to me last night. "Want to go on a date?" Before Ashley could answer, Lucas' phone started buzzing on the table.

"Excuse me." Lucas stood up and exited the little café, leaving us three alone.

"Are you guys really ok with this?" Ashley asked, obviously directing her question to me but I take it she didn't want Tyler to know that we have had conversations about his older brother.

"Yes, do what you want." I knew if I told her that I was slightly against it, it would make Tyler and Lucas (who she'd probably tell) very suspicious. I mean it would only be illegal for a few more months, at least until she turned 18.

"You'll never guess what." Lucas stated making us turn to face him.

"What?" Tyler questioned.

"That was Holden," he paused, sitting back down in his seat, "Sam has challenged me to another race, claiming that I was cheating."

"How?" Ashely inquired.

"I don't know but he's decided to raise the stakes. Kid's got balls, I'll give him that." Lucas said cutting into his sausage and eating it.

"Luke just spit it out!" Tyler said raising his voice a little.

"Winner gets ten grand." We all sat back in our chairs, ten thousand dollars is a lot of money.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going to race him and beat him...again." He claimed, sipping on his coffee.

"This is so dangerous." I mumbled.

"It's a lot of money." He retorted.

"So? Is it worth risking your life, not to mention if you get caught by the police- you could go to jail Lucas."

"This whole Lucas thing is really starting to piss me off." He spat.

"Yeah? Well that's why I do it." I remarked, the both of us going silent as Ashley and Tyler watched our little fight. I'm just now realising that they have never watched one of our little arguments and I'm now remembering my promise to Tyler.

"God you're like the annoying little sister I never wanted." Lucas said trying to make everything seem a little bit more normal.

"Yeah well that's the role I have to play if I'm your brother's girlfriend." I fake laughed and thankfully the others followed.

"You do fight like brother and sister." Ashley stated, making me relax slightly.

"You never gave me an answer by the way." Lucas turned and faced my best friend.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." She smiled.

"Come on then." Lucas said standing up and throwing a few notes on the table. "This should cover it."

"We're going now?" Ashley asked, confusion all over her face.

"Yeah, come on." And with that, they were gone.

"That took less effort than I thought it would." Tyler chuckled.

"How long have you been trying to set them up?" I asked Tyler as he threw an arm around me.

"Since my party." He smirked, leaning in for a kiss. Our lips collided and I was met with the usual warmth of Tyler. The lips I knew all too well.

"Let's go home." He said running his other hand up my thigh.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked, curious desire evident in my tone.

"Nothing, I'm just in the mood." He smirked. We paid for our food and climbed into the car, getting back to Tyler's house in now time at all. Before I could even step out of the car, Tyler threw me over his shoulder and marched me upstairs and into his room, throwing me onto the bed.

***

I sat in Tyler's kitchen watching him dance around trying to make pasta for our lunch, giggling at the little wiggle in his hips. I edited some photos that I had taken with my new camera, on my computer to pass the time, all my collage applications were handed in and I was taking a break from studying so I didn't see the harm.

"Sup kids." Lucas said throwing his keys on the kitchen counter, disturbing the peace as per usual.

"Hey, we've got pasta for dinner." Tyler said stirring the pot and turning the music up louder. Lucas smiled, cringing at his little dancing brother and sat down next to me, glancing at the computer screen.

"Nice, glad to see you're using it." Lucas said lowly, making sure Tyler couldn't hear us over the music.

"How was your date?" I asked, wondering if my best friend had been taken care of.

"It was good. We had fun." He stated.

"Good." I replied concentrating on my computer.

"You jealous?" He asked nudging me a little with his elbow.

"God no." I retorted, chuckling slightly.

"Ouch, words hurt Riley." He mocked pain.

"We both agreed it was a mistake, why would I be jealous?" I looked at him.

"I was just wondering." Lucas smirked. I rolled my eyes and looked back my computer screen.

Seriously, why would I be jealous?

A/N

Here's another update, today I have rewritten my plan for this book. Don't worry nothing drastic has changed, I have just made it better.

Thanks for reading.

~Jadey6688