Entry Sixty Three

"I beg your pardon?" I asked, confused, shocked, surprised... the list goes on.

"Belle," he said putting his hand under my palm. He leaned over and kissed the back of my hand. "What is your answer?"

"Yes, of course, yes," I said almost reflexively. "But, I don't understand, how can you... I thought..."

But my train of thought left me in that moment as Geroux kissed the back of my wrist, then my arm, then my shoulder. He leaned in to kiss me close to my face, when I somehow regain control of my faculties to stop him for a moment.

"Geroux, what are you doing? The curse! True love's kiss," I said, breathlessly. Every part of me wanted him to continue, except for the part that knew he could die.

"This is what I have been trying to tell you. It's quite difficult to do without sounding too confusing or vulgar. We can kiss, just not on the lips," Geroux said. "Anywhere but each other's lips."

"As a wolf, you will have to exercise extremely high levels of self control because even a brush of our lips could spell doom," he added.

"Oh, I see," I said excited at the news, but still shocked. I put my glass next to Geroux's, on the bannister.

"Carry on, then," I instructed, shivering with unexpected excitement.

Geroux resumed kissing me with unbridled passion, burying his head deep into my neck, kissing every inch of skin I had exposed (an area that grew with each gentle tug I gave my dress).

The next thing I knew, my hands were wrapped around his body and when I felt his lips touch my skin, I dug my fingernails into his back. He recoiled in pain.

"Ahhh, uh, Belle - remember the flower. I am the flower," he said, before moving back closer to me. I took a deep breath and composed myself.

This time, I kissed him on his neck.

He ran his fingers through my hair.

My lips my their way up to his chin.

He nibbled my ear lobe.

I kissed his cheek.

And as I moved my head, Geroux moved his, too and we almost touched lips.

I jumped back, as did he.

"That was close," I said.

"Yes, but you remained in control. All your hard work is paying off, my lovely Belle," Geroux replied.

We both stood there, breathing very heavily. It was difficult to hear over the wind.

"I should take a break, calm down. I'm a little too... excited. This is much easier when I'm not so... excited," I said. "Besides, I want to quickly write an entry into my diary."

Of course, I had been practising being in control, but catching flowers is one thing, not allowing myself to be overcome with passion was another.

"By all means," insisted Geroux, "it is probably a good idea to take a moment." He picked up his champagne glass, which had refilled itself.

As I left he said "My love," as if saying goodbye.

Just as I was leaving the terrace, it was then I noticed the sconces were a lovebird design. Oh Geroux. Perfect.

* * *

Which brings me to now, as I sit here at my little table, writing this entry with Geroux waiting for me outside on the terrace.

Who knows... maybe I shall have a new betrothed?

I cannot describe the exhilaration I am feeling. I need to settle myself.

Maybe I will get my happily ever after...

I can hear some noises coming from terrace, perhaps another surprise?

Actually, they sound... quite loud...

___________

Thanks for reading! Please remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed it ^_^

Also follow me - it's the best way to keep up to date with all my books, present and future!