Part 4

Lauren sighed, as she rubbed the gauze on her arm. Her wound was itching, and she wasn't suppose to scratch it, but it was bothering her. She closed her eyes, and tried to concentrate on the class.

"Does it hurt?" someone asked, next to her. She turned her head and smiled at Shawn who was sitting next to her.

She groaned, and nodded. "I don't even remember how I got it."

Shawn hummed, as he nodded. He knew how she got, he just didn't know who it was. Camila was the only one who seemed to know who it was, but she wouldn't tell them anything about who it was. He was pretty sure Camila had some history with the vampire that caused the injury on Lauren's arm.

The teacher then told the students to work with a partner. Shawn had finished, having gone to school a number of times, and had learned the materials so many times, he could do it in his sleep. Lauren started to quietly do her work. She grabbed his paper when she finished her own sheet.

"How old are you?" Lauren asked, as she checked her answer with Shawn's paper.

"One hundred and forty-six years old," he answered, thinking back to his time.

"Have you known Camila for a long time?" Lauren questioned, erasing and changing her answer.

"I've known Camila for one hundred and twenty-eight years. She saved me," he told her, twirling a pencil in his hand.

"How?" Lauren was fascinated. The Camila she knew was rude, she was scary. She wondered why the other vampires stuck around her.

"I was born on August 8th, 1864," he told her, smiling softly.

Lauren nodded, as she waited for him to continue.

"My parents died when I was ten," he continued.

Shawn was crying softly as he placed the flowers in front of the graves. He felt someone place a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw a bald man. His face was sympathetic.

Shawn was an orphan; his parents didn't have any siblings. Their parents had passed away as well. He was alone, and wanted to have someone. He wanted a family.

"Who are you?" Shawn asked, staring at the guy.

"A family friend," he answered, "I'm going to take care of you now."

Shawn stared at him. He didn't know the man in front of him, but he wanted a family. He wanted to be with someone who was familiar. He wanted to have a home. He stood up and followed him out of the cemetery.

"How did your parents die? Who was he?" Lauren questioned, giving Shawn his official attention.

"They were sick. There was no medicine," Shawn answered quietly. He was only thinking about his parents. He had a small smile on his face.

"Who took you in?"

"L.A. Reid," Shawn responded, frowning. He closed his eyes, as he remembered being treated as a son by that man, that vampire.

Lauren looked at him, confused. "What did he do?" Lauren knew something happened. She knew L.A. Reid did something to Shawn, and it caused Shawn to change into a vampire.

"He treated me like a son," Shawn continued his story, a small, sad smile on his face.

"This is your room. I'll be across the hall. Just come and get me if you need me," L.A. Reid told the small boy.

Shawn nodded, as he looked around the room. It looked so fancy. The clothes were formal. He wondered how rich the man was. And how he got the money. He moved to the bed and pressed his hand on it.