Part 18

This part was going to be 1k words, but you guys are lucky I was able to make it 2k like every other chapter. I was so nervous it was going to be so short.

An important note for you guys about this mate/sire situation. Those two are things you can not mess with. So Camila can't compel Lauren into believing Austin is her sire, same as Austin can't compel Lauren into making her believe Brad is her mate.

Sires hold a lot of power over their sired. They can control their sired (like Austin and his sire) but can also be broken (Austin and Camila).

But sire bonds got nothing compared to mate bond. So like Shawn is Camila's sired, but he's stick to Lucy because she's his mate.

Demi, who was mentioned as Normani's sire, is actually older than Austin. But she can't help because she's in London. She likes to spend about twenty years in different areas. She's with her mate (Selena, Nick, Wilmer, who ever you want her mate to be).

With that said, onto the story.

-

Lauren trembled as she laid on the ground. Her eyes were glued on the tree in front of her. She exhaled deeply, before sitting up. She didn't know what day it was. She didn't know how long she had been a vampire. All she knew was that everything hurt. Her muscles throbbed. There was a sharp pain in her head. Austin's voice was scream in her head.

"Fight it Lauren," she muttered to herself, gripping the dirt on the ground. She could feel the small rocks dig into her palms. "Fight it."

Lauren's head snapped up when she heard chuckling.

"You are really cute," Austin said, smirking from his spot.

Lauren eyes widened.

"Please don't make me do it," Lauren begged, as she pushed herself against the tree.

"Camila has to know that she has to pay," Austin said, shaking his head.

"Kill me instead. I'll go anywhere with you. Just please, don't make me kill her," Lauren pleaded, looking at the older vampire.

Austin smirked. "As fun as that sounds, watching the two of you try to kill each other will be even more fun."

Austin picked Lauren up and carried her back.

-

"He won," Camila said, her eyes glued to a spot on the wall. It had been a few hours since Lauren attacked her. The second Lauren disappeared, Camila contacted the other vampires. They all got together (minus Dinah and Normani who were dealing on their own. They had just lost their daughter.)

"You're alive, Lauren is alive, we're all live, he hasn't won," Ally cut in, looking around the room. "We can still get her back. We just have to find her."

Lucy's eyes stayed on Camila, who looked catatonic.

"She's going to kill me if she sees me. Austin compelled her to kill me. To kill her sire."

"She may be able to fight it," Shawn suggested.

"I wasn't able to fight it when he compelled me. Lauren is baby. It's shocking that she hasn't attacked yet."

"She's your mate," Lucy interjected, standing up. She walked to Camila until she was standing in front of her. "She's your mate and you don't give up on your mate. You fight for them. You've fought for the last four hundred years and you don't stop until you can be happy with your mate. Get your head out of your ass and think of a way to save Lauren."