Part 13

So I woke up to 150+ notifications on this and loved it. So I'm gonna post this right now, obviously because you're all reading this.

So you guys will find out about Lauren and Brad's messed up relationship. The time will be shifting from the "present" and "a year ago".

-

A Year Ago

He looked around the class, before stopping at the new student. Lauren. The human with vampire parents. Her dark hair, her green eyes. He stared at her, not sure why she caught his attention. In his fifty years of existing, no one had ever caught his attention before.

She looked up and noticed his staring. She blushed and looked away. He smiled, thinking she was adorable.

High school was boring, especially having done it a few times. But he loved the feeling of superiority. He also enjoyed all the girls throwing themselves at him. He had slept with a few. They'd gush to their friends, and then the friends would ask him out. It was a cycle, and he didn't get bored.

But with this Lauren. He could tell this time it would be different. He could practically feel her innocence seeping through. And the fact that her mothers were vampires themselves.

He turned to look at the teacher before standing up. He moved to sit next to her.

"Hi," he said, giving her a smile.

Lauren looked up, a blush on her face. "Hi."

"I'm Brad," he told her, offering her his hand.

"Lauren." Lauren reached for a handshake.

He turns her hand and kissed her knuckles. Lauren's blush darkens.

"It's a pleasure, Lauren."

-

Present

Lauren felt the the air breezing by. She had been driven crazy stuck indoors. Her mothers hadn't let her out in days, and she wanted to go out and actually see nature.

She was sitting in her backyard. Her mothers were talking with Camila about the new plan to keep her safe. As grateful as Lauren was, she was getting annoyed. They never asked her what she wanted. They just told her what to do, and who to stay with.

"Lauren?" someone whispered, not far from her.

Lauren stood up, ready to run inside, but curious. She looked around, before seeing a brunette standing across the yard.

"Who are you?" Lauren asked, looking at the door, before turning back to the guy. She wasn't sure if he was safe or not.

"It's me, Brad," he said, giving her a small smile.

He took a step towards her. She took a step back.

"I don't know you."

He cocked his head to the side and frowned. "You don't. You loved me."

"I loved you," Lauren said, trying to remember, but suddenly felt a sharp pain in her head.

One second he was far away, the next he was standing in front of her. Lauren tried to get away, but he placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close.

"What are-" she was cut off by his lips.

She struggled against him, but soon kissed him back.

She didn't know why, but his lips felt familiar to her. She closed her eyes, as she placed her hands on his face.