Epilogue

The final chapter. The FINAL CHAPTER GUYS!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

-

2061, 50 Years Later

Camila's life changed so much in the last fifty years. The biggest thing was that she didn't have the world's weight on her shoulders. She was actually able to enjoy life and be happy. She didn't have to look over her shoulder anymore.

Camila had been without her mate multiple times after meeting her. But this time it was different. This time she knew that her mate was going to be okay. She could just wait.

But the biggest thing that Camila never saw coming. It was her friendship with Dinah. Dinah was her best friend.

-

49 Years Ago

It was Lauren's birthday, and it was Dinah and Normani's first one without her. Camila worried, because they were finally happy again. The first year without Lauren hit them the worst. Camila wanted to say she was the most destroyed, but Camila was used to losing her mate. Dinah and Normani raised Lauren. They were there for her first step, for her first word. They were there for Lauren's first day of school. They were there when Lauren fell and scraped her knee. They were there and now she wasn't. 

Camila walked to the house, wanting to help them. Normani gave her a sad smile.

"How are you doing?" Camila asked, looking at Normani.

The girl shrugged. "Could be better."

"How is Dinah?" Camila asked, seeing the sadness in the younger vampire's eyes.

"She's a wreck. As much as Lauren was my little girl, her bond with Dinah was another level."

"Can I talk to her?"

Normani moved out of the way and allowed Camila to walk into to the house.

The older vampire walked into the living room and saw Dinah staring at a picture.

"Dinah?"

The younger vampire shot up. She hid the photo behind her back.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm just check up on you."

"I promised Lauren," Camila said, her eyes shifting to the hand hiding behind her back.

"It's okay. You don't have to check up on us to keep your word."

"I want to," Camila whispered. "You're family. I want to check up on you."

Dinah looked away. She took a deep breath. "I'm fine."

"It's okay to miss her. I miss her," Camila whispered, taking a step towards Dinah.

"Today would be her eighteenth birthday," Dinah whispered, moving her hand so the picture was in front of her. Camila saw the picture and saw it was Dinah, Normani and a five year old Lauren. "Why did she have to leave us?"

Camila looked at Dinah. "She had to find herself. She had to find a reason to keep living. She had to sort through her head. She needed to be away from us for a while. She's going to be back, I know she is. Until then, I am here. I will be here for you guys." Camila turned to Normani. "We are in this together. Why don't you two move in with me?"

Normani looked at Dinah. "I think that would be a great idea."

Dinah nodded. "Yeah, being here hurts."

Camila smiled. "You're both stuck with me."

-

Present