Part 9

This is shorter than usual. I just need to get this momentum going again. I'm hoping by writing the next chapter, I get it back.

Also, there will be 11 chapters left after this one. So 21 over all.

-

When Dinah was 18, she was bored with her life. She's always liked excitement. She always liked not knowing what was going to happen next.

So when she got a chance for excitement, she took it. She sprinted into the unknown, and never looked back. Because of the step she took, she got a wife and a daughter who she loved very much.

She left home when she was sixteen. That way, her father wouldn't have an extra mouth to feed. She did struggle those two years, but after she got a hang on surviving, she wanted more of an adventure.

"Mama!" Two year old Lauren screamed as she ran around the room. Lauren had gotten into the sugar and had been excited.

Dinah smiled as she picked the girl up and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "How is my little girl doing?"

Lauren giggled. "I good. I big girl!"

Dinah laughed. "You're a big girl? I won't have to carry you then."

Lauren pouted. "I no big girl."

Laughing, Dinah pulled her close. "You are so lucky you are adorable."

"I 'dowable a'cause you my mama," Lauren said, giving Dinah a smirk.

Dinah shook her head. "We are so special. I love you."

"Mama, story?" Lauren asked, placed her head on Dinah's shoulder.

Dinah smiled and went to the girl's bedroom. She tucked her in bed and sat down next to her. Lauren squirmed a bit before turning her green eyes to Dinah. "Story?"

Dinah smiled.

Dinah stared at the sleeping girl. Lauren saw curled up on her bed, unconscious.

"What are you doing?" Normani asked, walking up to the woman.

Dinah turned to look at Normani. "We've done a good job with her, right?"

"The best. She's a strong girl," Normani responded, wrapping her arms around her mate.

"I feel like something is going to happen," Dinah whispered, turing to kiss Normani's cheek.

"You're a mother."

Dinah was confused about that and turned to face Normani. "Lauren is your daughter. And you worry about her. And you want to protect her. Her potential relationship with Camila scares you, because she won't be your little girl anymore."

Dinah let out a laugh. "What are you talking about? She'll always be my little girl."

"You know, I still remember when you were so against us raising Lauren."

Rolling her eyes, she let out a small laugh.

"She was a poop machine. Of course I didn't want to deal with her, especially with our strong senses. But she kind of grew on me."

"Yeah, kind of. If I remember correctly, you never wanted to let her down. You had to have her in your arms."

Dinah narrowed her eyes. "Shut up."

Normani let out a soft laugh. "Let's go get breakfast ready. Let her sleep a little longer. I don't thinks he's been getting a full night's sleep."