Chapter Two: Leaving Storybrooke

*A/N: This chapter kind of shows Regina's side during the events before and after Neverland. There are not a lot of things mentioned about Daniella, but I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much. Again, sorry if I made any mistakes 😁

"I can't hold this much longer", Regina said.
She knew she couldn't stop the trigger and survive, she had known that from the moment she decided to save Storybrooke from distruction. She just didn't want to tell anyone, especially Henry.
"Mom, dad", Emma said. When she said that Snow looked like she would cry and never stop. Regina knew things were difficult between the uncharmings and their daughter. Emma had never called Snow 'mom' which is why Snow reacted that way. She knew that she was at least partially responsible for the fact that Snow hadn't seen Emma in 28 years, but she couldn't help but think that at least she got a chance to get to know her daughter. She would never have that chance. Daniella was dead. Every time she thought about it, it hurt like hell. People say that time heals all wounds, well it doesn't. It doesn't stop her heart from cleching every time she even thought about her daughter's name. Which also reminded her of Daniel and that meant more pain. She still thought of Daniel a lot. She missed him so much. She missed everything about him. His smile, his eyes and the way they shone with love everytime he looked at her, his laugh, his warm hugs... Those things made her heart even ache more. It would've been difficult enough to raise a daughter without him, but the fact that she only got to spend a couple of hours holding her, made it even more difficult and painfull. Snow thought that she knew a lot of pain, that the fact that she hadn't seen her daughter in 28 years was long or that she wasn't together with her sheppard during the curse was awfull. Wel try the fact that your mother killed your fiancé right in front of you. Or the death of the only good thing in your life after that. Or never being able to say goodbye to that thing because your mother had already buried her without saying where.
That hurt. A lot.
Regina was snapped out of her thoughts wen Henry touched her arm.
"I love you, Henry", Regina said," I only wish that I was strong enough to stop this. I'm just not" Her voice cracked when she said those last words and when Henry hugged her, she couldn't stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks. She wasn't afraid to die, she deserved it after all. She had done horrible things, so yes, she deserved it. The only thing she was afraid of was leaving Henry behind. She didn't want to. After everything that happened; Daniel's death, losing Daniella, her father... he was her second chance. After being so closed of for so long, she had let him in. She had let him into her heart and it felt incredible. From the moment she held him, she knew that she loved him. She would give up everything for him, even her own life.
So no, she was not afraid to die.
In the end, everything worked out alright. Emma thought that if they'd try to stop the trigger together, they might be able to without anyone dying. She was right, though now, Emma's idiot baby daddy's fiancée Tamara, kidnapped Henry together with Greg Mendell with whom she had had a relationship for quite a while, apparently. Well, if they thought they'd get away with it, they'd thought wrong. She was going to make them pay, but first she, Emma, the uncharmings, the one-handed pirate and the Dark One were going to get Henry and bring him home safely. Then she would make them pay. They took Henry through a damn portal to another world. "Of course they had to do that", Regina thought.
She also wondered how miss Swan would handle all these things. Traveling with a portal, going to another world and not to mention her relationship with the uncharming couple was still rocky. "Well, this is going to be interesting,"Regina thought," to say the least."
But she couldn't find it in herself to care about that right now. They had taken Henry and she'd rather die than to see him injured. So their next destination: Neverland.

Regina watched as the pirate and Neal said goodbye to Emma and Henry. They were able to save Henry, but Pan had taken over his body while they were on their way home. Then when they found out what Pan had done, they'd switched them back, putting Pan back in his own damn body. There was only one tiny, little problem. Pan had found the dark curse and casted it again while he was in Henry's body. The only way they'd be able to escape, was to undo what was done. And for that she had to give up the thing she loved most, she had to give up Henry. That's why they were at the townline, they were saying goodbye.
She explained that undoing the curse would bring them back to the Enchanted Forest and erase Storybrooke. It would be like it had never existed. And she and the rest would go back to being stories again.
She also told Emma she's give them new memories, happy one's. Memories where Emma never gave Henry up for adoption, where she'd kept him and raised him. It were her memories where she would replace herself with Emma, but she didn't have to know that. It didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that her little prince would be happy and safe. Living a normal life, a life where she never existed.
"Now go," Regina said," there isn't much time left and the curse will be here any minute."
Henry wrapped his arms tightly around her waist en buried is head in her chest. Regina hugged him back as tightly as she could, whispering that she loved him and giving him a kiss to his temple. Then she let him go.
She watched as Henry and Emma got in Emma's car. Then she turned around and undid what she had done. She felt her magic running through her veins as she raised her hands.
Then she felt herself being swallowed by purple smoke as she took one last look at the townline.

*A/N: I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!! Please leave comments, I love to have feedback! In the next chapter, the whole bunch is back in the Enchanted Forest and Regina is learning to cope with the lost of yet another person she lost, while thinking about her little princess. In the process she meets Robin Hood and his Merry Men (and Merry Woman) 😄🤗
I'm not going to follow the show's storyline, but there will be little things from the original storyline in there.