Not a Prompt but, its a Tarn x Reader. With an AU

//human!AU with a side of Mafia!AU //also I got sidetracked and holy hell, its 5am. Gotta sleep.

"Well, that would nice if you control your anger." I stomped the floor when I glared at him. All my anger fumed out of my head. My old man is dying and this is what I get? I turned around and walked away from the room. "Excuse me while I run away from your anger management." With that, I slammed the door.

Every step I took, my anger slowly fades. One by one, the feeling of regret fell like how the snowflake danced in the sky. I felt something brushed against my legs. The Pet, what everyone called him, purred around me. I kneeled on the ground and gently brushed his fur.

His purring was loud and I giggled at his actions. "Thanks, I need this."

I stood up and walked around the forest, the Pet followed me. His ears perked up to every sound that was around us. I keep hearing him snarling when we pass by a few bushes. Immediately, I stopped and stood perfectly still. The Pet circled around me, his teeth were bare. He had his back hunch and I could tell he was protecting me from something.

A dash of white fur comes up and the Pet bites it neck. The animal whined in pain. The Pet threw the animal, letting it bleed to death. I quickly took a rusty bar and hold it like it was a sword. The Pet and I had hold the fort down as the pack of Coyotes attacked us. Left, right, behind and front. They keep coming. I was running out of breath. The coldness were seeping through the thin layer of the clothes.

Right, I was wearing a short sleeve shirt with normal jeans. Damn, I should borrow their jackets.

"Watch out!" A voice snapped me back when a Coyote jumped towards me. It was too late. I raised the bar to covered my face and I prepared for the pain.

Instead of listening to snarling sounds, I heard the whining. I opened my eyes and saw Tarn. He held the neck of it and raised his gun to shoot its head off. I didn't flinched at the sound of gunshots. Soon, the gang came. The Pet went back to Kaon side. Nickel ushered the rest to leave us a few minutes to have a moment.

"Uh, um," I dropped the bar. It made a sound but I ignored it. "Thanks... for saving... me, I guess."

His eyes were behind the mask. They had the look regret and worry but there got something more. It was well hidden.

I felt a shivered running down to my spine. I shot up at the feeling of the cold atmosphere. Tarn noticed my sudden change of my tone. He shrug of his coat and he approached me. He was nervous, I could tell when I wrapped his coat around my shoulders. The proximity of our faces were closed.

I felt my breath hitched when I stared onto his eyes. His eyes quickly diverted upon the sudden look that I am giving him.

"...There, this coat will make you to stop shivering and make sure to stay alive." He take a few steps back and turned around. His back was facing me.

I suddenly get the urge to yearn for him. My feet moved on their own as I chased after him. His body went still, like a marble statue. I had wrapped my arms around his middle. Feeling vulnerable and hesitant, I spoke out. "I'm sorry for making you doing all of this."

I didn't hear a sound but I felt a warmth. Radiating from my hands. He had placed his own on top of mine. I smiled at the contact. We stayed in this position for a few minutes. Embracing each other.

~ - - - ~

I read the title of the book, trying to rearrange them accordingly to Alphabetical order. I made a sour look when I glanced over the books that were on the floor. I had built a few tower of books and its going to difficult to order them.