Demon Brothers

"Bring him in." Sarutobi said to the man on the other table across the room. He nodded and left through the other door before returning with a man that reeked of alcohol.

'Holyfuckingshit! This guy REEKS!!' Naruto yelled mentally as he covered his sensitive nose in a vain attempt to block out the offending smell. "Do you bathe in boos?!" He practically yelled

"Now Naruto, don't be rude to the customer." Kakashi scolded in his normal lazy tone

"But he reeks!" Naruto complained but on the inside he picked up on a different topic 'are things back to normal now?' He asked himself, he looked at Kakashi out of the corner of his eye before letting the tip of his tongue slip out of his lips and he tasted the air. He had his answer. The ability of the demon snakes was to taste another creature's emotions and soul through the aroma in the air, and right now, Naruto tasted hidden disgust.
Tazuna looked at the group of young ninja with slight worry. This worry was not hidden or truly expressed, or at least seen due to the drunken haze that turned his worry into aggression.

"These brats are supposed to protect me?!" He asked in disbelief, he scanned his protectors with a dulled yet critical gaze and decided that none of them were good enough to protect him. He doubted that they would be able to protect him from bandits, that was what he had officially asked for and he at least expected that much from the great village. The drunk's doubts were not only his; it was their first team mission and it was actually a good cause of worry.

"I think that my studen-students and I are good enough to protect you from anything that tries to attack you." Kakashi said while correcting his mistake before anyone could notice. His words seemed to put the drunken man's mind at ease enough for him to pay the money that it cost for the group of ninja. "Alright, meet us at the Front Gate in two hours" Kakashi told his genin before puffing out of sight. The three students looked at each other dryly before Naruto turned to the drunken client.

"Meet us all at the gate in four hours, and prepare yourself for the hangover!" Naruto said while ending in a yell before he puffed away to his small apartment to pack.

"What he said." Sasuke added before he too puffed away. Sakura looked at the remaining smoke before giving a small sigh of annoyance and then proceeded to walk out of the room.

~Four Hours Later~

Naruto jumped down from the last tree that led to the main gate and quickly took notice of the now half sober Tazuna that had been waiting for them.

"So, I guess that you didn't take our advice then huh?" Naruto asked, causing Tazuna to jump and spin around. This was a dumb move due to the ever nearing hangover and the man instantly felt a strong headache from the sudden movement.

"I thought ninja were supposed to be punctual." He stated rather than asked

"Most are," Naruto began to explain "but our team leader is always late and we don't want to sit around waiting for him all of the time." He finished while motioning to where the client had been sitting.

"Huh" was his clever response, nothing else was said until the rest of the group had come together and set out. As the main gates opened, Naruto felt himself exhaling a breath of relief as he was no longer in the village. It was the first time he had ever been beyond those walls and while he was excited and relieved, he was also a bit on the anxious side about the new environments he would undoubtedly be seeing. For now, at least, it was all still a thick forest, he could live with that.
The group walked without pause, their only disruption being Tazuna needing to stop to use the rest room. Naruto stared at the ground beneath him and noticed a slight difference in the color of the dirt. He let himself be distracted by this and focused solo on the shade of dirt until he realized something.