Barriers to be Broken

Naruto laid overtop his ruined bed, humming the same tune as before, while staring at a lone paper. On this paper inscribed various words and terms, most of which rhyming. He appeared to be working on a song.

"You took it as a man,
To make your master plan~" he sang in his breath, sitting up and bringing out a guitar, strumming the metal strings as he worked on making a tune. He wasn't quite sure if he liked the lyrics yet, but at least they sounded good. He scribbled something down swiftly before placing the pencil back to its previous spot behind his ear, sticking his tongue out as he began strumming the metal again, causing the, to vibrate and form sound.
"So now it's time to-" he was singing the next possible verse when he was cut off by the sound of knocking on his door,causing him to jerk up, his wings flexing and snapping outwards in surprise and his tails flaring for a moment, both of said parts glowing and vanishing the moment afterwards. He had been so deep in the zone, as he had taken to calling it, that he hadn't remembered they were out, nor had he noticed the other heartbeat that wasn't his own. The knocks repeated in their rhythm before Naruto sprang over to the door.
"Coming!" He called, placing a hand on the door and glancing through the small peephole, seeing Kakashi on the other side. He paused in his cheeriness, having not expected this new visitor. He didn't know what he had expected, but either way this had surprised him, causing him to detour for a few moments before unlocking the door and allowing his visitor entrance.

"Hey, Naruto, how've you been?" Kakashi asked nonchalantly, glancing to the side and seeing the guitar and the scrambled note sheets. He questioned silently as to what they were doing there, and how Naruto had afforded the instrument, but gave no sign of surprise or interest.

"Pretty good, just waiting for the end of the week." Naruto responded, glancing over towards the instrument he had burrowed. Kakashi moved last Naruto, taking a few steps inside.

"I didn't know you played." Kakashi said casually, eyeing the instrument closely but not lifting it nor touching it, merely leaning. He stood back up and turned calmly towards the blonde, who shrugged.

"My b-my friend's really good at it, he's been teaching me when we both have free time." Naruto answered, correcting his mistake mid-sentence, which did not go unnoticed by the silver haired ninja. Naruto glanced over towards the instrument again for the second time since the visit began.
"He let me borrow his, but I'm not really good at it, not compared to him." Naruto said, causing Kakashi to raise a brow. Naruto shrugged, not caring nor realizing his break of character.
"Honestly, I think I'm better at the drums, they're more fun to play." He stated simply

"I see" Kakashi responded, lifting up a piece of paper and eyeing its contents, but found the scribbled writing set upon it was nearly unreadable, for it was very messy chicken scratch.
"Naruto, I came over here today to remind you that our team planned a meeting over at that ramen stand you frequent so much. I was wondering why you were so late." Kakashi spoke in his calm drone of a voice. Naruto quirked a brow, but feigned an apologetic attitude, rubbing the back if his head sheepishly.

"Oh! Sorry!" He apologized, slightly uncertain. His eyes flickered over towards his calendar, but he caught no sign at he had written down any plans for the day. In fact, he hadn't seen nor spoken to the others on their team since the conclusion of the second exam. Had he been discluded from the decision of the gathering or had they merely forgotten to tell him of it?  Neither answer seemed positive in their reflection of his other teammates.
Kakashi looked at the blonde oddly before shrugging off what he missed have perceived as odd behavior in favor of looking at the door.

"Well then, let's go. The others are waiting." He ushered calmly.

-