Chapter ♡ 4

Salina stood frozen on the foyer as her 'fiancee' looked around the room confused. He clearly didn't know what was going on. Zahara looked between the two with furious eyes. Gia got up from the dining room table from her food and walked up to Zahara hiding behind her leg.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had to work?" Salina asked, clenching her jaw tightly. Zahara rolled her eyes.

"I took off. I didn't want Gia to be at the neighbors house. They have enough to handle already."

Salina frowned and put her hands on her hips. Her 'fiancee' just stood there watching.

"Close the door Manny!" Salina shouted. Manny jumped and quickly closed it behind him. Zahara had a smirk on her face.

"Mommy who's that man?" Gia asked quietly. She wasn't use to seeing new people come around. Salina's face softened.

"He's a friend baby." she smiled. Manny frowned.

"Oh." Gia replied, still holding tightly to Zahara's leg.

"Well my night is ruined..." Salina mumbled, as if no one could hear her. Zahara shook her head.

"Come on Gi Gi. Let's go to your room for now. I'll bring you your food and you can watch tv. Ok?" Zahara told Gia. Gia nodded.

"Ok."

Gia ran off to her room as Zahara walked over to the dining room table to pick up her and Gia's plate. As she was walking back through the living room, she heard Salina and Manny start to argue.

"You told me the house would be empty." Manny said. Salina huffed.

"I know. I thought it was! I didn't expect them to be here..."

Zahara tuned them out as she entered Gia's room. She kicked the door closed with her foot and sat down at the little kiddy table that Gia had in the corner. She set both their plates down and they continued eating, since they were interrupted earlier. As they were eating Zahara couldn't help but notice at how quickly Gia's demeanor changed.

"What's wrong Gi Gi?" Zahara asked, setting her fork down. Gia looked up from her food

"I don't like that man. He looks mean."

Zahara slightly smiled. "I don't like him either."

Gia giggled and continued eating.

Zahara didn't understand how her mother was seriously going to marry Manny. He looked to be like her own son if she had one. Her mother was forty-three and Manny looked no older than twenty-three. Zahara found it disgusting. How could you find a man that young good enough to be your husband? He hasn't even experienced life yet.

What made things even worse was that Manny wasn't even Gia's father. Zahara honestly didn't even know what happened to him since Gia was born. He was around for her first two years of life then disappeared. Now that she thought about it, she had a feeling her mother was the cause of him not being around anymore. Just like she did her own father Will.

Will would often write to Zahara and she would always cry when she read the letters. She was upset that she didn't have her father around during her most needed time. Her teenage years. She wished it was her mother that would be behind bars for the evil conniving bitch she is. But she knew sooner or later that karma was coming to bite Salina in the ass. Ten times harder too.

                                  Zahara heard the front door slam and knew that her mother was the cause of it. She finished her food and got up from the small table. She wanted to see what was going on. She didn't want Gia in the mix of all this.