Chapter ♡ 5

Zahara held the side of her face as it still stung from the hard impact of her mother's heavy hand. She felt embarassed that Gia had witnessed it happen. She had told her to stay in her room. But of course after hearing all that yelling, she was bound to wonder what was going on.

After hearing her mother's words 'I gave your sister what she was asking for', Zahara wanted to raise her hand and slap her mother back. But she knew that wasn't in her character. Instead of saying anything back, she just simply stormed off to her room and shut herself out from any other sort of confrontation.

As she sat in her room, all she wanted was to just dissapear off the face of the earth and run away from all her troubles. But running away never solves anything. She never understood why she was the one who had to endure the wrath of her selfish and evil mother. She didn't know why she didn't love her like she loved Gia. The way her father treated Salina had nothing to do with her and she hated how her mother always used her father as the excuse, as to why she hated even giving her life.

Pulling her phone from her back pocket, she had forgotten to stop the voice recording. She hoped that her battery hadn't died. Unlocking it, she saw that it had stopped recording on its own and she prayed to the lord above that it had recorded enough evidence for her to take to the police. Hitting the play button Zahara listened intently to what she had gotten from the arguement. After listening for about five minutes, she had recorded everything except when Gia had came into the room. As she saved it, there was a small knock on her bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Zahara asked.

"It's Gi Gi." Gia whispered softly. Zahara got up quickly and opened her door. Gia walked in and sat down on Zahara's bed.

"Are you ok?" Gia asked, looking at Zahara's red face. Zahara shrugged as she sat down beside Gia.

"No. But I think I'll be ok."

"Why did mommy hit you? She's never hit you before." Gia asked. Zahara sighed. She couldn't explain everything she knew to a six year old.

"She was mad at some things that I said to her. So she hit me."

Gia's face turned into a frown. "But she's not suppose to hit you like that."

Zahara smiled. Gia was so smart to be so young.

"I know but she did. I couldn't do anything back."

Gia crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't like how she's always mean to you. I hear when ya'll argue sometimes and it scares me. I don't like that man that was here earlier either."

"Well you don't have to worry about him. I won't let him come anywhere near you." Zahara replied. hugging Gia. Gia smiled.

"I love you Zi Zi. Sometimes I wish mommy could be nice like you."

"I know. I love you too honey bun."

"Can you tuck me in?" Gia asked, pulling away fom their embrace.

"Sure."

Zahara stood up from the bed and held her hand out for Gia to take. Leading her out of her room and down the hall, they both walked into Gia's lavendar and magenta painted room. Zahara switched on her night light and tucked her tightly underneath her dora comforter. She kissed Gia's cheek and brushed her curls away from her eyes.

"Good night Gi Gi. Sweet dreams. I love you." Zahara smiled. Gia smiled back.

"Night night. I love you too Zi Zi."

Gia turned on her side and made herself comfortable as she closed her little eyes. Zahara smiled at the sight and turned to walk out of her room. Gently closing the door shut, she walked back down the hall and into her room closing the door behind her.

Stripping out of her clothes and turning off her light, Zahara climbed into her bed and pulled the covers up over her shoulders. She closed her eyes and tried to shut out the events that happened tonight. She would be going down to the police station after she dropped Gia off at school in the morning.

It was time for her father to have justice for what he didn't do.

|Flashback|

'Why didn't you fuckin tell me that you were pregnant with another mans baby Salina? I'm sittin here thinkin it's mine an shit! I can't believe you would stoop that low and do that kind of shit behind my back!'

Salina laughed and shook her head. All of this was amusing to her. She wasn't phased by Will's reaction. She was just worried about herself.

'Oh please cut the act Will. You knew I had male friends. Any of them were bound to wind up in between these luscious thighs. You weren't pleasing me the way I liked. So I found it else where and I ended up knocked up. Big deal. Your still here obviously.' she smirked. Will was furious.

'I swear if I could knock some sense into yo narrow ass I would! Your just like every other hoe around here. Spreading ya legs like open sesame. I can't even look at your stupid ass right now.'

'I could care less. All you care about this that little thing you call your daughter. Might as well just raise her yourself. She ain't no child of mine!'

'Daddy why are y'all yelling?'

'I'm sorry baby. Did I wake you?' Will asked Zahara. Zahara nodded.

'Come here.' Will said, holding his hands out for Zahara. He picked Zahara up and cradled her small body into his large arms. She snuggled against his chest.

'Exactly what I mean. You only care about that little brat.' Salina mumbled.

'You'll regret everything one day. Just you wait.' Will replied.