Chapter 12

Hey Tao, can we meet at the XXX coffee shop? You click send and throw your phone on the table and the tears flowed out.

"Tao, you've only been training for a month though, you sure you're ready for EXO? If not, it's okay, we can debut later." You ask Tao worriedly.

"No," he pauses. "No. I trust you and I trust the members. This whole EXO thing is gonna be great. I just wish you're in the group too."

You giggle. "Tao, I'm not a trainee."

"I don't care! You're probably better than most of the trainees!"

You giggle again. "Thanks, Tao."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A day after Kris left, you decided to get some fresh air and took a walk outside. You ran into Tao, crying to himself and sitting on the concrete. You sit down next to him and hugs him. He quickly looks up.

"[y/n]..." His eyes were red and tears were just all over his face. You sigh as you take out a bag of tissues.

"I feel you Tao, I feel you. He was probably your closest friend in EXO. He was honestly a brother to me. But we can't change the past Tao. It would be better to try our hardest as 11 than be sad for a long time. I know, it's sad. People don't understand. People think, 'oh, it's just a band.' But it's more than a band. It's like a group of friends breaking apart. And it really hurts when you're part of that group, or you formed that group. It's okay to be sad. I'm still sad, to be honest. But we have to also keep on going."

Tao wipes his tears and nods.

"Thanks, [y/n]."

"Hey," Tao says to you when you two sit at a table.

"I think you know what I'm gonna talk about," you sigh.

Tao's eyes water. You suddenly notice his eyes are red... he's probably been crying more than you did.

"Tao," you hold back your tears. "If you need to leave, it's okay."

"I really don't wan-"

"Sometimes, we don't get to do what we want in life. Sometimes, we can't force the reality to change. Tao, I love you so freaking much. But if it's really serious between you and your dad... you can leave if you have to." Every word you said not only was painful to him, but you also.

"Actually..." Tao looks at you. "My flight to China departs in a few hours. I've already filed a lawsuit and packed. When you said you wanted to talk... I thought it was a time to say goodbye."

TBC.