Chapter 6

~~A/N~~
Hello sweeties,
I just want to point out that I don't upload very often, usually it takes me a month... But I hope that's about to change because once finals are over I'll have a lot of free time🎉 Also I'll probably start editing this and look for any mistakes:)

Also, I hope you all enjoy my writing, feel free to leave some feedback! I love to hear from you guys:) And thank you for all the votes and reads! They make my day.

Am I the only big Narnia nerd here who still watches the movies, like all the time?

Xxx-Venusmelina

~~⭕~~

New Beginnings

"I swear one day this girl will make me go insane."

Pushing some leaves out of his face Trumpkin made his way through the forest. The sun had decided to show up today and was shining down on him with her warm glow. He wiped the sweat that trickled down his brow away with the back of his hand, the warm sun wasn't the only thing that made him sweat, Trumpkin was running from a certain princess.

Branches hit him in the face because of his heigh and Trumpkin couldn't help but feel extra annoyed. "Damn trees, if it weren't for that princess..."

Muriel listened as Trumpkin mumbled things about her under his breath and tried to hold in her soft laugh. She felt a little bad for ruining Trumpkin's perfect day by following him around and exclaiming she was bored. And although Trumpkin had been very happy when she'd finally left him alone for once, Muriel discovered it was actually a lot of fun to annoy him. So instead of letting Trumpkin enjoy the warm sun she jumped from behind a tree and chuckled when Trumpkin jumped into the air.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Muriel smiled as the dwarf had to hold a hand above his eyes to block out the sun as he looked up at her and raised an eyebrow.

"That's exactly the point."

Muriel pouted a little as Trumpkin continued to walk away from her again. She shook her head, if anyone was going insane it was her, she was very bored. She picked up her pace and followed him.

"Don't you have anything else to do than following Trumpkin around all day? What has gotten into you lately?" Muriel turned her head to see Trufflehunter stand next to a large oak tree next to a little stream with his paws crossed. Her cheeks began to redden and she felt somewhat embarrassed.

She kicked against a pebble that landed in the stream and looked over her shoulder, Trumpkin had taken his chances and was no where in sight. Although Muriel knew he was probably hiding behind a tree or something.

Muriel sighed and looked at Trufflehunter again, expecting to see him standing there with raised eyebrows but instead he looked slightly amused. This wasn't the first time Muriel had followed one of them around all day, she didn't even seem to notice it sometimes. "Are you bored again, Muriel?"

She nodded. "Really bored." She began looking for more pebbles she could kick into the water. She brushed some leaves away with her feet hoping to find some. After kicking away a pile of branches and leaves a small stone caught her attention. She picked it up and began to examine it.

Close up the stone looked more like a gem than an actual stone. It felt smooth in her hand and was a beautiful blue colour.

"That's a very nice looking thing."

Muriel smiled at Trufflehunter and agreed quietly. She turned the stone around some more and decided to keep it. She put it away in a small pouch that hung from her belt.

"I got a small task for you, it might help you with your boredom."

Muriel smiled at Trufflehunter. The dear badger always had some chores she could do to prevent her from feeling a little less useless and annoying the dwarves, for Trufflehunter was never annoyed by the presence of the princess.

Muriel never expected to feel, well, 'useless.' Sure, she had experienced days at home where she felt bored, usually everything that had to be done was done for her. But at least at home she'd had a purpose, here however, she felt like Trumpkin, Trufflehunter and Nikabrik could do perfectly without her help. So when Trufflehunter had a task for her, even if it was something small like cutting mushrooms or bring some soup to a friendly neighbour, she would gladly do it and Trufflehunter knew that.

"I'll help you. I began to feel kind of bad for Trumpkin anyway."

Trufflehunter laughed and motioned her to follow him. Together they walked toward the tree that Muriel now called home and entered. Muriel still had to crouch somewhat to fit through the door opening, but after countless times of hitting her head she was used to it now.

Muriel's eyes wandered around their home and saw many ingredients lay on the counter in the kitchen. A happy expression took over her face. "Are you making that lovely stew of yours again, Trufflehunter?"

"I'm already cutting some vegetables for the soup I'm making tomorrow, princess." He pointed to some mushrooms, "if you finished cutting these you can collect some wood for me, to get the fire started."

Muriel nodded and started cutting some mushrooms at a table that was somewhat too small for her. Trufflehunter sat opposite of her cutting some other vegatables himself.

"Trufflehunter..." The badger looked across from him to see the princess shyly looking at her hands. Kind brown eyes met his when he hummed in response. "Would you mind telling me about Aslan again?" The badger smiled and nodded. Muriel always loved the way the badger spoke about Aslan. In a way it reminded her of her mother.

The conversations about Aslan would last long and the two were never quite finished talking about the great lion. The dwarves never quite liked the tales of old. It annoyed Nikabrik more than Trumpkin, but the latter kept saying that Aslan wasn't real and couldn't possibly be. But that wouldn't stop Trufflehunter and Muriel from having endless conversations that lasted, and they had another one right now.

When Nikabrik and Trumpkin returned from whatever they'd done that day, Muriel thought it'd be a good idea to put a hold on the conversation and stepped outside to collect some wood.

The sun had dissappeared behind the trees and for Muriel this was a sign that she had to hurry up if she wanted to return before dark.

Looking for branches to make a fire wasn't the hardest thing to do, surprisingly that was all you could find in the woods. But that didn't stop Muriel from going just a tad further towards the edge of the forest. She found herself doing this quite a lot lately, wandering off and going on her own little adventures, it had probably to do with the fact that she had quite some free time on her hands. But once she arrived at the edge her eyes caught something unexpected.

Never in her life had she seen something so beautiful, there were red, green, yellow, blue and many more colourful fireworks lighting up the dark sky in the distance. She wondered what the occasion was but then realized that the fireworks were coming from Miraz castle.

Her thoughts wondered off to Caspian. Lately, the boy had been on her mind more than that she preferred, she just didn't know why. She thought about how they had both grown up so different. For example, she had a father and he didn't, he lived in Narnia she didn't... Well now she did, and she wondered if Caspian was looking out of his window right now, enjoying the same lights that she was staring at. But little did she know she couldn't be more wrong.

Surprise and cautiousness were replaced by amazement and curiosity as Muriel was entirely captured by the beauty of the flashing lights in the sky. She realized that she wanted to feel like this everyday, the sheer feeling of adventure running through her veins. Just for a moment Muriel felt like she was on her own journey, that she had discovered something no one else had ever discovered and that she was ready to see many more beautiful things, but then reality came crashing down and Muriel quickly turned away from the wonderful sight.

The branches she held in her hands suddenly felt heavier than before, she had to get back to her friends.