Chapter 8

Caspian had left. Nikabrik was quite satisfied, but Trufflehunter and Muriel had shared a look of worry and panic. The Prince that every Telmarine soldier was after had gone off in the forest alone, and this time the soldiers didn't stop at the edge, they were looking for him in the woods. So when Muriel realized that, Nikabrik wasn't surprised that she and Trufflehunter insisted on following the prince.

Nikabrik didn't really understand why this Prince was so important. After all, Telmarines had only caused problems since the beginning. But he couldn't deny that Trufflehunter and yes, the princess, were his friends so he agreed and followed them even though he was going to complain the whole time.

They had been tracking him for a short while, climbing over roots, pushing away branches and walking through a forest of falms. Muriel had small cuts on her arms from all the sharp plants she had to brush away in order to protect her face. But after some time she didn't feel like being quiet anymore. "Do you think he knows that we are here?"

But that question was answered when Caspian spoke up, "I can hear you."

Muriel looked sheepishly at Nikabrik and Trufflehunter as they all came out of hiding. It must've been a sight, a dwarve, a badger and a princess all appearing from behind a tree. But there was a reason as to why they were following Caspian and Trufflehunter made that clear by saying: "I just think we should wait for the kings and queens."

But the prince didn't listen, he had made up his mind and had decided that he wanted to defeat his uncle and fast, so if that meant doing it on his own and not waiting for the Kings and Queens so be it. That's why the prince kept walking.

Muriel found herself shaking her head at the prince, she recognized his behavior for she was very stubborn as well. But she had to admit that the prince was being quite stupid. "Caspian, please." Muriel looked at the back of his head with pleading eyes but when he didn't respond to her she shook her head, this wasn't going to work.

"Fine, go then!" Exclaimed Trufflehunter, "See if the others will be as understanding!"

Nikabrik agreed. "Or maybe I'll come with you. I want to see you explain things to the minotaurs."

This caused Caspian to halt and turn around. He raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Minotaurs... they're real?"

"And very bad tempered"

"Yeah, not to mention big."

"Huge."

Muriel just shook her head at Nikabrik and Trufflehunter. Minotaurs were known for their tempers but they weren't all that bad. Everyone just thought they were because they had served the witch a long time ago, when Narnia was still covered in snow and ice. But people - minotaurs- changed and because Miraz hunted them and the other Narnians down the two parties had decided it was best to fight alongside each other.

Caspian eyes seemed almost twice the size they'd been, if that was even possible, and continued to question the dwarve and the badger. "What about centaurs? Do they still exist?"

Muriel smiled. Caspian's curiosity reminded her of herself when she first heard from Trufflehunter that the Narnians were still alive. She'd spend the whole day questioning the badger and the two dwarves. She'd met the centaurs sometime ago and found them honorable and heroic creatures, they held respect for one another and she admired that.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side. But there's no telling what the others will do."

"What about Aslan?"

This question surprised them. Nikabrik and Trufflehunter shared a look as Muriel simply raised her eyebrows. They didn't expect Caspian to know so much about the Narnians or Aslan.