Chapter 9

The sun was beginning to disappear behind the trees. Muriel walked next to Caspian as the centaurs led them to all the Narnians that had been waiting for them somewhere in the woods. The orange and yellow beams reflected in her eyes and she had to squint a bit to see where they were going.

After Glenstorm had told them that there were more Narnians that were gathering somewhere close by to discover who had blown the horn, the company had begun heading that way.

The Princess of Archenland looked to her left to see the Telmarine Prince walking next to her, deep in thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?"

The prince seemed to jump at the sudden voice, but when he realized it was just the princess he let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." She laughed at him, her eyes shining as she did so. He gave her a small smile in return. Her question had caught him off guard because what was he thinking about?

Too many questions seemed to spook around in his head and there weren't many answers to them. He was thinking about the horn, the Kings and Queens of old and about the princess that was walking next to him at the very moment.

Not really sure how to voice his thoughts he shook his head. "There is a lot to think about."

"I agree."

Sensing that Caspian wasn't going to tell Muriel what was on his mind she kept walking next to him in silence. They exchanged some small talk every once in a while and Muriel sometimes turned around to talk to Glenstorm who was walking behind them.

Caspian was quietly listening at the conversation the princess and the centaur were having. Muriel let out a small snort at something Glenstorm had said about one of his sons.

"I'd say, he's exactly like his father."

Glenstorm let out a laugh which sounded more like a neigh to Caspian, but then again centaurs were part man, part horse after all. It was still a bit strange to him, walking among these creatures. The ones that were supposed to be dead according to his uncle. Yet, Muriel was talking to Glenstorm as if she'd known him for quite a while.

"I would've probably said the same about you, but I have not had the pleasure to meet the king of Archenland, though I heard stories."

Caspian saw that Muriel looked a bit saddened at Glenstorm's remark but curious at the same time.

"What have you heard?" Muriel asked as she raised a single eyebrow.

Glenstorm smiled down at her. "I heard that your father liked to travel when he was younger, so that explains the adventures you always seem to seek."

The princess frowned, her father had never told her about his younger years. And she was very surprised to hear that he had liked to travel, she was almost in shock. Her father, the king that had forbidden his daughter to go on her adventures for so long, had once had the soul of a voyager himself.

"I-I never knew that..." The brunette bit her lip as if deep in thought. "Why did he never tell me that?" She seemed to ask herself.

"When a father keeps something from his child it is often to keep it away from danger."

Both Muriel and Caspian noticed the sincerity in Glenstorm's voice as he spoke. It seemed like Glenstom, as a father, had encountered this situation himself.