Chapter 10

A/N

Get ready for a long chapter, srsly this one is twice the size of what I normally write.

Enjoy!

~~⭕~~

Aslan's How.

The place where the great lion once had been killed by the White Witch. Where the stone table was no longer in one piece but in two. And where, after a long time, a hill had formed and tunnels were dug so that it had become a perfect place to use as a defense, and that's why the Narnians had made it theirs.

There was no doubt in their minds that once Miraz found out about their existence he would send his man to slaughter them. That's why Aslan's How was the perfect place to use as a defense.

But the Narnians weren't stupid, they knew that Aslan's How alone couldn't protect them against Miraz once he attacked, it would be like digging their own graves. They needed weaponry, swords, bow and arrows, armor, shields and everything that was needed to defeat an army.

And that's why, after a day or two, Caspian was leading a small group towards the gigantic bridge the Telmarines were building in the middle of the night. The Telmarines themselves were something to be afraid of, but the bridge they were building was what really scared them. If that bridge was finished Miraz would not wait another second to attack them, and they were building it fast.

"Caspian."

The so called prince heard the whispers of Muriel from behind him and slowed his pace a bit so that she could keep up with him. "You need to be a bit more quiet, Muriel. They might hear us."

She sent him an apologetic look and continued to walk next to him in silence after letting out a long, deep, rather dramatic, sigh. Muriel couldn't help it but sometimes act childish, she blamed it on being the youngest at home. It almost made Caspian chuckle, but he was quite aware of his surroundings so his question came out in a whisper. "What did you want to say?"

Muriel, a bit ashamed, send him a closed mouth smile as her cheeks appeared redder than some moments ago. "I just wanted to thank you for letting me tag along." Her hands started fidgeting with her necklace, "but I'm most certain that you are beginning to regret taking me with you."

Caspian shook his head. "Certainly not, princess." She could see his breath mingle with the cold night air as he spoke. "We could use someone who's good with a sword."

"How do you know I'm good with a sword?"

Caspian's smiled mischievously. "I think it's a gift. I can see if a person is good with a sword or not." He could just hold in his laughter when he saw Muriel raise an eyebrow at him. Confusion was evident on her face yet a look of suspicion as well.

"Really?" She questioned him.

"Well that and Glenstorm told me." Was his reply. He could only smile as she rolled her eyes at him and threw her arms in the air. "Of course."

Their moment was short-lived as their small group suddenly stopped and Reepicheep announced that he could hear the Telmarines, which meant that they were close.

Muriel's heartbeat picked up and her hands became sweaty. If they encountered as much as one Telmarine soldier, all hell would break lose and that was something they really didn't need at the moment.

Reepicheep was sent first to see if there were any Telmarines in plain sight, but when there were none he signed to Caspian that it was clear. Soon after, the rest of the group made their way towards a pile of cut down trees and sat behind them.