9 회

Eun Jisoo; At Home

I walked into the house quietly and slipped off my shoes in the dark. I locked the door behind me and turn on the light to see my father standing there, glaring at me.

"Where were you?" he asked frowning. I didn't want to but I had to tell a lie so I told him, "I was meeting up with someone, he asked for help."

"And why would you do that? Why would he even ask for help from you?" he asked coldly. I looked at him in shock, "Dad! I'm not useless! That guy wanted me to help someone be a manager for just a week. He saw me in the cafe doing so well these few days he thought I would make it for the job."

"Now-" he started but I stopped him, "It's well paid and I've heard this idol is a really nice person. Plus they are already looking for another manager for him and it might not even be for a week, the person said they have people to guide me around too."

He looked at me with no emotions on his face but I looked at him with pleading eyes, trying to get him to agree. After a long silence, he said slowly, "I will think about it, I will tell you what I think about it tomorrow. Go to sleep for now!"

"But if you think about it now you won't be able to sleep," but he stood still in his stance, "Just go to sleep, Jisoo!" I sighed as I walked up the stairs and got ready for bed.

xxxxx

I hurriedly wiped the tables and finished up to get ready to go to the sushi bar for lunch with Yisoon when my father walked up to me and passed me a sandwich, "Go, just one week. Make sure you don't do anything stupid, be careful. I can't trust you because you're so slow. Go before I change my mind." I rushed out before informing Yisoon who was just standing at the door bewildered.

Just when I drove off out to the street I felt guilty of just leaving Yisoon there and not telling her. I sighed and then looked down at my clothes at the red traffic light that's when I realized I was still wearing my apron, Ugh I'm so stupid I told myself as I took it off quickly before the light could change.

xxxxx

Eun Jisoo; Filming Site

I sighed as I climbed out of Hyungsik's car, "I should've just driven myself here, you didn't need to."

"Well I bumped into you at the entertainment building so shouldn't I offer a ride?" he smiled. I shook my head but inside I actually felt grateful for his kindness.

"Ah, Hyungsik! We need to shoot the last scene!" a lady shouted as she came out of the little trailer parked near us, "Hurry, we need you to change!" He quickly locked his car and went into the dressing room.

I sighed as I walked over to the director as he explained to the staff about the change in angles since the sun was up a little more than they had expected. After he finished talking he finally took notice of me. I bowed and introduced myself, "Annyeonghaeseyo, I'm Eun Jisoo, Hyungsik's temporary manager. I was told you would tell me what I should do."

"Ah," he nodded, "Rookie, you just have to make sure he doesn't get hurt or he's on track, sometimes he takes breaks to talk to the staff, you might want to remind him about it. Since your just temporary you won't need to know much. Sometimes the staff would want you to relay a message to him."

I nodded, "Okay then. Director-nim, fighting!" I smiled to him. He gave me a quick smile and then whispered to me, "You probably want to take notes, your seniors will probably like it if you do so." I nodded again and thanked him before walking over to Hyungsik who had finished changing into simple shirt and shorts. He walked around in circles reciting his lines.

"Don't you need a coat or jacket of something? Isn't it quite cold?" I asked him. He just shook his head as he continued to recite his lines. I sighed and then sat down on a rock at the side, I watched as he approached the female lead and the two of them recite some lines.

The lady before walked over and passed me an unopened can of coffee, "Here, he said you like coffee."

I received it with a quick 'thanks' and a bow but after thanking her she still stood there next to me. Before I can ask her a question she read my mind, "What is the scene about? Well it's supposed to be a secret so don't tell anyone. The movie is a romance historical fantasy. The two were born in the historical times but then their love is forbidden and they don't get a happy ending. So in this scene, they finally meet in their third life, their last life and so it ends with him saving her and they fall in love. If they have a happy ending or not we don't know, it's up to your imagination."

"Ah I see," I nodded, "So I'm guessing she is drowning and he saves her, they fall in love when they look at each other in the eye, right?"

"Something like that, and they have some lines which are mostly the same from the ones where they first meet in their first life." she confirmed. I watched as the director waved his hand in the air, "Get on the set!" and they were ready to start.

I watched as the female lead acts her part first. They continued to cut and action a lot of times before finally it was the main part of the scene. I stood up to get a better view, they had finished her scene where she squirmed around in the water and she came out of the lake and the staff passed her a towel.

For the scene where he dives in they placed a dummy for a shadow in the water and so she doesn't have to hold her breath in the water for so long. I watched as the director shouted, "Action!" and he started acting frantic and then finally jumping in with a dive.

"Cut! AGAIN!" he shouted loudly so Hyungsik could hear, "IT LOOKED WEIRD!" We all waited in silence for a moment as the director mumbled, "Is that kid playing us?"

"Director-nim!" the actress shouted as she peered into the lake, "He's not moving!" one of the staff immediately took off all his gear and put them aside before jumping into the water.

We waited until the staff's head popped out of the water, "He's stuck! There's  some sort of net stuck in the corner!" I gasped as I opened up my sling bag and fumbled through the items to find my nail clipper. I threw my bag aside, took off my shoes and jumped into the water as everyone else began to search for something to cut the rope with.

I swam down to see the side of his head bleeding, I gasped but then closed my mouth again, remembering I was still in the water. I pulled at the rope and started to work on the rope, luckily it wasn't very thick. I cut part of it off that way I could quickly bring him up, even though he was still tangled in the bits of the rope, at least not connected to rock.

I gasped as I reached the surface with the help of the staff. I had lost my nail clipper but it didn't matter at the moment. I let the staff bring him up to dry land and perform a quick CPR on him. I swam to the edge and held on to the cliff to take some time to catch my breath.

I got out of the lake as another staff passed me a towel, I thanked him and ran over to Hyungsik. I sat down and started to untie the part of rope that was still stuck to him. I groaned in frustration for I couldn't get it off. The stylist from before passed me a small knife, "Here, I took us a while to find a tool but her is one."

I began cutting the rope and finally, it came off, at the same time the ambulance had arrived. I sighed in relief and walked over to where I had left my stuff and put my shoes back on.

"Rookie!" I heard the director shout, "Go to the hospital with him! You might be temporary but right now you're in charge of him, go!" I nodded and ran to the ambulance, I jumped in quickly as they closed the doors. I shivered a little as I took off my towel and draped it over his cold body.

"Is he okay?" I asked the doctor sitting across. He gives me an assuring smile, "Don't worry, he's okay."

And I was satisfied, satisfied with the answer he had given me.