20 회

Eun Jisoo; At Home

I yawned as I laid down on my bed after a quick lunch. There was no work in the cafe for the day so I had to plan out some sort of schedule for myself but I felt empty not knowing what to do.

I reached for my phone as I turned it on to see no replies from Hyungsik but only the typical little messages and notifications from the apps I used. I sighed as I opened our chat room to see if he had read the message I had sent him.

It was almost 48 hours and he still hadn't seen the messages I sent. He was probably too busy to even bother to look at the messages I sent. I placed my fingers on the appearing keyboard and typed in my message, "You busy?"

I turned off my phone and got ready to go out to the gym. Time went so slowly as I jogged to the gym that was several minutes away from my house. The smell wasn't so pleasing but I wasn't in good shape so I definitely needed to do something about it.

Some of the staff greet me as I enter in and walk to the locker rooms. I placed my stuff away before finding something to do in the gym.

Several males eye me as I walked in but I ignored their presence and got onto the treadmill. Running was the easiest for someone who wanted to lose some weight like me and so I did it for one hour before taking a break.

For today, Yisoon was too busy with family problems to do any hanging out and most of my colleagues had their own plans for their day off. I sighed as I remembered the text I had sent before and looked at my phone, surprised to see a decent reply.

"Yeah. Sorry, I'm a bit busy but we can talk later after I'm done." and that was it. I had to grateful for that little message because he was probably very busy. I pursed my lips as I turned the machine back on to do a little walking.

I didn't even know what he was up to recently and to think that he has insomnia, he sort of worried me. I wasn't sure if he was getting enough rest for himself, physically, mentally and emotionally.

I finished up a small walk before jumping off of the machine and getting ready to clean up. I quickly showered and blew my hair dry even though I was in no hurry at all. Finishing up, I grabbed all my stuff and headed out.

I dropped off my bag at home before going out for a refreshing walk despite the fact that I had just done some exercising. Suddenly my phone rang loudly and I pulled it out of my pocket to see an unfamiliar number.

I picked it up and placed my phone against my ear, "Hello?" There is a gentle voice on the other side of the phone, "Are you Junsu's sister?"

"Yes," I spoke slowly, "Who is this speaking?" There is a light cough from the male on the other side of the phone, "There has been a confidential incident that happened between his unit and some armed men. He is currently injured quite severely and we need a guardian. Please come as soon as possible."

I don't remember who ended the call but the next thing I knew, I was walking to the hospital by going across a bridge. As the wind blew on the back of my hand, I blankly walked slowly. It didn't seem like my body wanted to respond in the way I wanted.

I start shaking as my knees gave way and I fall to the ground, crying in fear. I knew something like this would come, I couldn't afford to lose my brother. It was as if I was going to fall in a pool of black water, afraid of what was inside the murky liquid.

Cars past by for a few minutes before I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, what are you doing here?" I looked up to see Hyungsik and I immediately felt safer, I knew someone was in the murky waters, ready to catch me even as I fall.

"Why are you crying?" he asked and before I could even reply, he picked me up and brought me to a taxi that he came from, "I'm sorry sir but I can't leave her outside like this."

"M-my b-brother," I sobbed as I dug my face into the crook of his shoulder, not wanting to let go, "He's in the hospital." I give him a quick brief as I tried to stop my tears.

He told the driver to head to the hospital and comforted me, "Hey, don't worry. We don't know what's wrong yet so have some hope." I nodded quietly and soon the tears stop and the eyelids grow heavy, before I knew it, I was asleep, leaning on his shoulder for support.

xxxxx

Park Hyungsik; In The Taxi

I sighed as Jisoo slept peacefully. I couldn't help her much but seeing her after two weeks in this condition wasn't what I wanted. There is unrest stirring somewhere in my mind but I ignore it as we approached the hospital.

I paid the taxi driver and made him promise that he wouldn't say anything before sneaking out of the car with Jisoo in my arms. Getting through the crowd as a normal person wasn't too hard but there were some close calls as I got nearer to the room.

Sliding the door open, I grunted softly as placed Jisoo down on the couch inside her brother's room. I didn't want to wake up the injured man but I was caught red-handed as he suddenly spoke, "Who are you?"

"Um," I bit my lip nervously, "I'm uh her friend. Just a friend. If you excuse-" But I wasn't able to run away as the male slowly sat up, wincing at the pain, "You're Park Hyungsik right? What do you want with my sister?"

"N-nothing," I stuttered unintentionally as he furrowed his eyebrows and glared at me with a piercing stare, "Don't get anywhere near to my sister you understand?!" I slightly flinched at his tone and look at Jisoo but luckily she was still asleep.

I stared at the brother, "I will do my best, but I won't guarantee that." Before he could say anything else to me, I walked out of the room and slid the door close. I squeezed my hands into fists as I mumbled to myself, "This is going to get messy."

xxxxx

I'm 100% guilty for not updating the past few months and I'm really sorry. I actually have the plot done and I just need to write everything but sometimes I lose interest in writing it although I absolutely love the plot I created in this story and it's so much more fun in terms of drama and romance compared to some of my other works. I will do my best to update more but no guarantee unless we get more reads and comments on how I should update asdfghjkl