14 회

Eun Jisoo; Filming Site

I sighed as I approached the filming site that we were just at a few days ago. I dragged my feet over to the group of staff and to my surprise, I bump into someone that looked familiar. He walked over to me and passed over an envelope, "You must be Hyungsik's temporary manager, I'm Mr. Kim and I'll be back tomorrow as his manager again."

I bowed and received the envelope, "So you decided to come back? I'm really sorry about your wife." I peeked into the envelope to find some bill notes, I gasped as I took out the money and looked at Mr Kim. He nodded and said, "Your pay."

I smiled as I took it out and gave it to him, "I don't need the pay, take this and get yourself something good to eat." He looked at me with his mouth agape for a moment before smiling, "Really? Thank you!" I bowed again as I passed back the envelope, "No problem, you deserve it."

He smiled and pat me on the shoulder before walking to Hyungsik and whispering something. I watched as Hyungsik shake his head and wave his hand around, frowning at his manager as he chuckled and pointed at Hyungsik's flustered face. He quickly returned to a poker face and turned around, motioning me over.

"What is it?" I asked him as he pointed at Mr Kim and said, "Why did you give your pay to him?" I shrugged and looked around indifferently, "Well you always pay when we hang out so basically I've already spent it?"

"Then you should've given it to me! I was the one who paid!" he pouted as his manager chuckled. I exaggerated a smile and then went back to poker face, "He deserved it, you didn't." Just when he was about to say something to throw back at me the director called him over to get the scene ready, "Hyungsik! We don't have all day! We need to finish the editing all today! Hurry up!"

While he got ready, I walked into the dressing room to leave my items on top of Hyungsik's before walking out back into the glaring sun. I sighed as I watched the scene unfold over and over again until finally, the director said okay.

I watched as Hyungsik walked out of the cold water and I ran over to the corner to grab a large towel but unfortunately tripped over the mic wire and scratched my leg against the side of the lake wall before flopping into the lake, almost hitting my head on the rocks.

I heard a splash and peeked my head out of the water to see. I gasped for air quickly while floating as I tried to get myself up but my leg hurt too much. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and something placed under my feet for support. I turned around to see Hyungsik peeking his head out of the water, "Go up. Here I'll help." 

He was just about to push my feet up from underneath when I stopped him, "It's okay, I can get up by myself." I crawled up to dry land and helped him get out of the lake, but then he suddenly gasped and almost backed up into the lake again, "What happen to your leg?"

I shook my head, "It's fine, I can just put a bandage around it." I looked around to see the staff busy packing their things and trying to fix the cord I damaged. The director was fiddling around with the mic wire when he saw me soaked and injured, sitting on the dirty ground, "Yah, rookie! Get that thing treated! You'll get it infected."

"He's right," Hyungsik said as he helped me get up, "Let me carry you to the dressing room." I shook my head again, "No need, I can walk there." but I jinxed myself. I tried to walk and almost fell again from trying, "Okay maybe I need help."

Hyungsik chuckled as he turned around and knelt down, "I'll piggyback carry you there. Hurry up." I scoffed as I got on reluctantly, but when he stood up quickly, I felt a sting on my injured leg.

"Sorry," he said quietly, "Did that hurt?" I laughed as he started to walk to the dressing room, "Why are you whispering? It's okay, not big of a deal."

When we got there, he put me down on his chair and looked for a first aid kit. He frowned as he continued to look around for it. I laughed at his clumsiness, "It's on the top counter you dummy, you're almost as tall as it." He scratched the back of his neck as he reached for the kit and opened it up to treat my wound.

"I can do it myself," I told him as I tried to take the things from his hand. He shook his head, "No, no, no. You would probably be too afraid to do it since it looks like it hurts a lot." I glared at him as he chuckled, "I'm just kidding, but let me do it anyways."

With one hand, he pushed down my leg from fidgeting and with the other he cleaned my wound, "You've taken care of me many times already so I should pay it back right?"

"No," I shook my head, "Technically I got you in trouble, you could've died getting stabbed. The time you hit your head, you shouldn't thank me, thank the doctor." He looked up at me, "Fine, but your wound is at least 15 cm long and 4 cm wide, plus it's bleeding like crazy."

I sighed as I tried to relax my leg but every time it came in contact with something, it stung. He started to go slower and softer when he saw me grimace every time. I watched as he concentrated on disinfecting it with care.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked as he looked up with a blank face before giving a big smile and a peace sign, "Am I that handsome?" I groaned as I hit him on the head, "Don't even start!"

xxxxx

I'll try to update but I have exams next week so I need to study! Summer break is coming real soon for me so I will update more, I hope.