19 회

Park Hyungsik; At Home

I groaned as I stretched to the morning sun as it shined its light on my face. I sat up and ruffled my hair as I stared at my phone on my table for a minute. I reached out and pressed the power button to turn it on. I had received no calls from anyone including Jisoo and I kind of felt empty.

With nothing to do, I stood up and washed up for breakfast. After quickly washing up, I trodded downstairs to the dining room to get something to eat. I hear my brother sigh as he walked into the room, "Hyungsik, you really need to wake up earlier."

I mentally rolled my eyes and looked at the clock, it was definitely already 1pm, "Where did you go hyung?" He laughed lightly, "A date." This time it was my turn to sigh, "Seriously? Why don't I get to hang out sometimes?"

"Stop being so work depressed," he said as he walked over to the kitchen to make some coffee for himself, "They'll call you up for some work soon so don't worry." I grabbed my plate and utensils and brought them over to the sink to wash them, "Can you make me a cup too?"

"No," Minsik chuckled, "Make it yourself. You can't make me do everything." I scoffed as he slapped my back hard, still laughing, "What? Are you going to make me help you find a girlfriend too? You wish. You're lucky enough to have a great brother like me."

I glared at him as I put the dishes aside to dry, "Whatever. I'll find a girlfriend myself so leave me alone." I sighed as I went back upstairs to get changed before going out. I put on a mask and got into my car before driving to Milky Way Cafe.

I entered in only to see a few people at the tables and Yisoon at the front. I walked up to her, "Iced Americano and Jisoo please." She looked at me for a moment before noticing who I was, she lowered her voice and whispered, "Jisoo isn't around right now, she's kind of busy."

"Busy with what?" I asked as Yisoon stuck out her hand and I passed her my credit card. Yisoon shrugged, "Well she's been going out and buying new machines for us and doing business with our coffee bean sponsor so yeah. Busy. Call her if you want to see her."

I nodded as I pulled out my phone and called her, "Hello?" There is a moment of silence before she replied, "Hello?! Who's this?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Am I not written on your phone?"

"Oh sorry," she giggled, "I thought I heard another voice or something. Are you wearing a mask or did you get sick?" I scoffed as my Americano was placed on the counter, "I'm wearing a mask. Yisoon told me you're busy."

"Wait," she paused for a moment, freaking me out a little, "Are you at Milky Way?!" Suddenly I remember what she told me before but I act innocent, "I'm just getting coffee, why?" She groaned, "I told you not to go there. Get out of there now."

"Ah wae," I complained as I sipped my coffee, "Yisoon was fine with me in there." I could tell she was getting angry now, "Just get out of there! Look we can talk longer if you get out of there first."

"Fine, if you promise you'll come by my house at night," I told her. She doesn't say anything for a moment, "Okay, I promise. Just get out of there." And so I walked out to the streets, "I'm out. Street noise should be loud enough for you to hear."

"Whatever," she groaned again, "Now if you would excuse me, I need to get back to work." The line cut off as soon as she stopped speaking. I sighed, drinking my Americano in peace while watching the cars go by.

Suddenly, I heard my phone ring and I picked it up, "Hello manager-nim, how can I help you?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. I can imagine him shaking his head as he thought of something to say back, "Work. We found a drama production for you."

Immediately, my ears perked up and I started concentrating on what he was saying, "So I should come over now right?" Manager Kim coughed lightly, showing that he was a bit flustered at my reaction, "Yeah, we'll discuss ev-"

"Okay, I'm on my way," and I hung up on him and got into my car. When I got there, we held a short meeting for what the drama was going to be. I briefly looked through the terms and signed it, officially making my part.

They told me to move back to my old rental since it was going to be nearby and it would be much more comfortable to just stay in the middle of Seoul rather than the outside of Seoul. As soon as I got the job, I called my brother to laugh at him while he just acted indifferently, babbling out some nonsense, "Whatever, you still need a girlfriend."

I had almost forgotten Jisoo until my alarm rang to remind her to come by later. I was about to call her to tell her that we could just meet up at the old rental when she called first so I picked up, "Oh hey Jisoo, I was just about to call you."

"Really?" she laughed, "What a coincid-" And then I interrupted her to get straight to the point without eating up too much of her time, "I got a new role! And tha-" She didn't let me finish as she rushed to congratulate me, "Hey that's great, but listen, I'm sorry I can't make it today, I'll make it up to you another day."

Before I could ask her what she's so busy about, she hung up on me and the line went dead. That night, in the old cold rental, lying down on the couch, I couldn't fall asleep.

xxxxx

I lied but whatever, I had time so I just finished this up instead. And again probably won't post until Christmas