Chapter 4

After a bit of discussing and arguing they had formed a plan.

Scott and Malia were inside a club called 'Moonshine' and Stiles and Lydia were sitting around the corner from it in the jeep, listening in on Stiles's police radio. Liam, Hayden and Mason were across town in another bar on the look out for anything suspicions.

The plan was that Stiles would report anything of importance to Scott and Malia, who would then go check it out. They were at a certain club because that was where most of the murders seemed to be taking place, in an alleyway beside the Moonshine club. The murders seemed to take place late at night and the bodies were always found right at the dead end of the alley. Out of sight from the street, Stiles figured.

So far nothing had happened. Scott and Malia had reported that nothing out of the ordinary was happening inside. And Stiles and Lydia hadn't heard anything of relevance on the radio. Stiles was beginning to worry, maybe the hunter is having a night off . He knew no one would be very happy if he had dragged them out here just for nothing to happen.

Stiles nervously tapped his fingers on his thigh, which Lydia noticed. She took his hand in hers and rested them on her leg. Stopping Stiles's tapping and somehow calming his nerves too. He was amazed that just by her touching him he suddenly felt better, more like himself than he had been without her. Their relationship was hard and slow burning but somehow she had gone from being the ice queen with no feelings for him or seemingly anyone, to holding hands and sharing smiles. Stiles had a feeling they had both fallen in love but were to scared to admit it because of what it meant.

The feeling that Stiles had right now was strange and different to what he had been feeling for so long. It was foreign but what terrified him even more was that he liked it. Stiles felt like what he had with Lydia, the feelings he was, having were wrong, that he was turning his back on and disregarding what he had with Clara. And that was the last thing he wanted to do ,but he had to move on at some point.

Lydia was scared that maybe, just maybe she had really fallen in love. She had had flings and relationships where she thought she was in love but everything she felt for Stiles was different. But better. To the point where she wondered if what she had with Jackson was really love at all.

There was something else Lydia felt with Stiles, something else that wasn't quite normal. Something that she couldn't quite put her finger on. But it was a sense she felt right down in her bones. 

So there they stayed holding hands in a comfortable silence, not quite lovers but not just friends either. Lydia still held his hand, hers was warm around Stiles's cold hand but Lydia didn't seem to mind the chill and he was thankful for the warmth.

Stiles looked up to meet her eyes which were already focused on him. Her lips were pursed and her eyes full of concern. It was as if Lydia had worked out that this meant a lot to him and was worried that it wouldn't work out the way he wanted it to.

And he was almost sure that this would be the case, and that's why he was so nervous. Stiles was great at making plans but when it can to fulfilling those plans something always seemed to go wrong. Some unknown denominator that he hadn't accounted for, came in and ruined everything.

Lydia smiled at him. A smile that showed no teeth but lifted her cheeks and crinkled her eyes. A smile that made her look even more beautiful than she already was. Stiles was about to return it but someone's voice erupted from the radio.

"Officer Davenport en route to check out a 10-15 outside moonshine bar, 21," the gruff voice continued but Stiles already knew the rest and quickly switched the radio off.