Chapter 5

Scott was the first to wake up. Or at least he though he was.

The room he was in was almost pitch black. Scott could faintly make out the outline of an object in what he assumed to be the middle of the room. He could feel a hard and cold stone wall behind him, that Scott's back was sore from.

As if all his senses came back to him at once, he could suddenly hear the heart beats of others along the same wall as him.

"Who's there?" Scott whispered into the darkness.

There was silence and then the sound of chains moving rattle through the air.

Then a small voice followed, "Lydia."

Scott sighed in relief that someone else was also awake and in the same situation as him. Then there was a low and angry growl that Scott made out to Malia's.

"Malia are you okay?" Scott asked and then realised that this was probably the stupidest question he could possibly of asked. We are stuck in a cold and dark room of corse we are not okay!

"No, I'm not okay Scott. I can't move!" Malia replied angrily.

Her response was exactly as Scott expected it to be but her words made him realise something he hadn't before. He too couldn't move. Scott felt like his whole body was numb. He could feel everything though, like the metal wrapped around his wrists which no doubt connected to his own set of chains, he could even feel every little stone that he was sitting on and every bump in the stone work behind him. But when he went to move, he couldn't. Like somehow all the nerve connections from his brain to his body where cut off.

Kanima venom. Scott figured. Knowing that this was most likely what he had been drugged with, gave him some relief, as he knew that it would hopefully wear off soon.

"You guys can't move?" Lydia started, "I can, I'm just ch..."

The schreching sound of a metal door on concrete came from the other side of the room, cutting Lydia of mid sentence.

For the most painful and longest second, Scott thought he had ever felt, nothing more happened. It was quiet. Everyone in the room was holding their breaths, waiting to see what was going to happened.

Footsteps made by large boots, echoed into the room and then a light switch was flicked on.

Light flicked in the room before becoming a constant soft glow. But to Scott the light was like flashing pure and brilliant white. He would of shielded his eyes, but being unable to move he screwed them shut instead.

Scott slowly opened his eyes again when the light had become less harsh. Although the room around him was becoming more visible by the second, everything around him was still blurry and flashing, so much that he couldn't make anything out but general shapes.

But if Scott had of been able to see clearly, he would of seen the man that knocked him out, Stiles's father Mikael, walk in and remove a now bloody dagger from his sons heart, who was sitting in the middle of the room on a chair.

No one tied up in the room was able to see this though as their eyes where not adjusted to the room being lit up. All they saw Mikael as was a big black figure that walked in then walked out, closing the door with a bang.

Lydia was the first to see anything clearly and what she saw terrified her even more.

The big shape in the middle of the room was a wooden chair. She was sitting directly behind it and could see that the back of the chair had been carved very skilfully and intricately. But Lydia did this have time to admire the amazing workmanship because the person on the chair was a lot more important.