Chapter 9

Stiles watched Klaus as he walked. He wasn't leaving, he was opening the boot of his car and reaching in for something. Stiles already knew what it was. He could hear the heartbeat, the pulse, the breathing. It was a girl, Stiles could hear her pleas before she even came into sight.

But when she did it was even worse. As soon as she saw him her cries intensified. She screamed at him to help her and that this man holding her was a monster. Stiles already knew that though.

The girl was resisting being pulled along by Klaus while screaming her head off for someone to help her. Stiles wondered why Klaus hadn't already compelled her to shut up.

As Klaus dragged the girl Stiles studied her in silence. He decided she looked around sixteen. She had brown hair that kept falling all over her face. Her eye colour was hard to tell because her eyes were so bloodshot but Stiles figured they were brown.

The most important thing was that he didn't recognise her and he hoped she didn't know him. That would make the situation even worse.

Finally Klaus silenced her by looking at her eyes and telling her to stop crying.

"What is the meaning of this brother?" Stiles asked when Klaus got close to him.

"This," Klaus said pushing forward to girl so she landed on her knees close to Stiles' feet, "is an offering." Klaus wiped his hands on his pants as if it was dirtying him to touch the human. Stiles hated how Klaus had gotten like this, in the mindset that humans were just pawns in his games. Stiles vowed never again to be like that, each person had a life, a family, friends and not a part in any vampires games.

"Come on brother, breathe," Klaus said with a smile, "don't look so stoic."

Stiles listened without thinking and took a big breath, in hopes of calming himself down. But he regretted it along with everything else Klaus had ever told him to do. The smell of blood was so strong he could almost taste it and he desperately wanted to. Being dragged and pushed to the ground had worn some of the girls skin thin and Stiles could sense the blood that flowed right behind it. He could simply rip it open and blood would gush out. Sweet, delicious blood.

Get yourself together, Stiles told himself. He was not going to let himself lose it after all this time in front of his brother.

"An offering, for what?" Stiles questioned. His brother, offering? Not likely.

"For peace," Klaus replied.

Peace! Stiles couldn't help but roll his eyes. Klaus asking for peace was like Scott asking for war. It just didn't happen.

"I don't want your peace," Stiles spat, "just let the girl go."

"That is unwise Mieczyslaw, our parents are coming for us. We are going to need to work with one another to get rid of them, once again," Klaus reasoned.

Stiles was pretty sure he had to be dreaming. Klaus wanting to join forces, peace offer. Definitely a dream. What ever Klaus was trying to achieve, Stiles wanted nothing to do with it.

"Forget it Klaus. I want nothing you have to offer."

Klaus' jaw tightened. "Very well, I had a suspicion that you would be like this." He said clasping his hands as his lips formed a line. "I have a new offer; you come back with me to New Orleans or I will kill this innocent little human," Klaus continued. For affect he picked the girl up painfully by the hair and brought his extended fangs to her neck do they grazed over the skin haphazardly.