The Office of G & F Prewett

Albus Dumbledore walked through the floo network at the Ministry for Magic and marched across the great hall, paused to show the guard his Wizengamot identification, and boarded the lift. He smiled calmly at a witch, who stood inside already, and folded his hands before him as they rode up through the levels. Finally, they arrived to the level of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and he disembarked and made his way down the hall to the office with the gold pate that said G & F PREWETT, for the brothers shared an office, and he knocked upon the door.

Gideon opened it. "Dumbledore!" he exclaimed and he stepped back to allow Albus entry.

Sirius was sitting on the chair now, his eyes red - Dorcas Meadowes knelt on the carpet before him, her hands holding his. "It's not your fault," she whispered, "Very convincing, polyjuice..."

And before the desk was a pale, pacing Charlus Potter with a shaking Dora sitting in the chair. "Strong, he's strong, Dora, he's strong..." Charlus was muttering, "We'll find him, we'll find him being strong and... he'll be okay... has to be okay..."

Gideon's exclamation of who had arrived made each of them look up and Dora stood, knocking the Gryffindor sweater she clutched on her lap - her son's favorite sweater! - to the side. "Dumbledore, please," she begged.

Dumbledore looked around at the desperate faces turning toward him, "What do we know?" he asked.

"It seems there's been a switch made at some point," Gideon explained, "James Potter for an imposter taking polyjuice."

"It was Snape," Sirius declared.

Dumbledore looked at Sirius.

"Severus fucking Snape!" Sirius said, as though he was in need of clarifying his meaning.

"And how did we make the discovery?" Dumbledore questioned.

Sirius replied, "My brother. Regulus. He told me."

Dumbledore looked surprised. "Regulus told you? Interesting."

"Yes, he's told me. He's told me it's because Voldemort thinks James knows about Mopsus, but bloody hell James doesn't know a blasted thing about that guy!"

Dumbledore rubbed his chin.

"We have to find him, Dumbledore!" Sirius begged, "We have to save him!"

Charlus looked to Dumbledore at these words, his eyes imploring the headmaster, "Surely there's some way to... to find him... surely he's performed magic, we could check the trace..."

"Excellent point. Master Prewett, please go the Office for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry and shake the dust off their records," Dumbledore said.

"Yes sir," Gideon sped out the door.

"He can't have done," Sirius murmured. "Snape has his wand."

"Actually... I do," came a voice from the door.

Remus Lupin was being led through by Fabian Prewett.

"Look what I've found," he said, "In the lobby, begging the guard to speak to an auror."

Remus ran over and, ducking 'round Dorcas, hugged Sirius tight. "You're alright? I thought for sure they were going to put you in a cell or something, I've been worried sick."

Sirius hugged Remus back.

"After the aurors took you away, I followed James -- well, Snape," Remus said, "And he gave me James's wand." Remus drew it out of his robes pocket carefully.