Chapter 04

•••

•••

The soldier dragged Mykal through the market. He tried to fight him off as a feeling bubbled deep inside. Anger? Fear? Whatever it was, he ignored it and did his best to remain calm. The commotion caught a lot of eyes. The vendors started gathering around to block their path and questioned the soldier as to why he was man-handling such an innocent elf. They defended him because they knew him to be peaceful. He never caused any trouble and never brought harm to anyone.

But the soldier only answered in frustrated growls. He ignored the bombardment of questions and yelled for them to get out of his way, pushing his way. As he did so, the crowd of creatures started trying to separate Mykal from him. He drew his sword and waved it around at everyone, and warned that he will use it if it comes to that.

But the vendors of Viscave's marketplace pressed on, determined to make the soldier free Mykal. He bluffed as they closed in by mimicking stabs with his sword. He eventually let go of Mykal to grip his sword tightly, and the Prince took the opportunity to escape.

He ran through the crowd; the creatures that let him pass returned to form a blockade. Hearing the soldier grunt as he tried to push his way through as well, Mykal continued running until he was finally out of the crowd.

He bulleted to his house where he informed his wife that they were leaving Viscave, because they may have been discovered.

They didn't bother to pack anything since time did not permit. Mykal picked up Sonia, while Kayla picked up Gunther, then they burst through the front door. They saw the Viscavian soldiers in the distance, walking around, most likely looking for his house. One of them spotted Mykal and alerted the others that they were escaping. As the soldiers started running, so did they - through the forest. The voices of the soldiers were close behind them, ordering for their surrender, but they just kept going.

••

They had made it well past the Viscavian border by now, and the soldiers had stopped pursuing them.

The place grew extremely cold as they walked along the coast of another village, Lenanthia. The breeze from the Eltic sea made them all shiver on this cold night.

Mykal noticed Kayla shivering vigorously, and because she was a frail young woman, he took off his shirt and gave it to her so she could feel some amount of warmth. But it didn't change anything, she was still shaking violently.

He offered to carry Gunther, being afraid that she might drop him, and she handed him over. Sonia rested on one of his hips, so he placed Gunther on the next.

Just after, Kayla stopped and told Mykal she was feeling very tired, but he insisted that she walked a little farther before they reached one of Lenanthia's village inns, if they found it.

Kayla didn't even make more than two feet before she collapsed on the beach, no breaths, no movements. She was dead.

◆□◆□◆□◆□◆□◆

Doo doo doo...
What am I even doing in this A/N? 😂

I've decided to change my update schedule to twice a week, randomly, of course!
So stay tuned for an update sometime soon.
😊

★☆★ *gone* ★☆★

◇ MARDAIS ◇