Chapter 06

•••

•••

Pushing the two children towards him, the female elf complained about the mess they made of her attire - a fluffy pink dress with short sleeved puffed at the shoulders. She also wore white, silk gloves to match her white shoes, which were both bedazzled with diamond stones on the front.

Ignoring the blinding effects of the elf's sparkling shoes, Mykal observed the not-so-pink dress anymore. A lot of mud was splattered across the entire thing. Glaring down at the two children, he asked them why they caused so much trouble for the young lady as he gestured to her.

Snorting in annoyance, she pointed out that she was not just any young lady, but the crowned Princess of Lenanthia, Johanna Gaines.

With his mouth agape, Mykal was definitely at a loss for words. He was in the presence of nobility after so many years. He wondered why he thought nothing of it, that she could be a royal. From the fluffy dress with a corset, to the silk gloves and the blinding, diamond-front shoes; how could he have missed it?

When he caught himself, he looked at the princess' dishevelled nature again. He didn't want himself and his children to be kicked out of Lenanthia, not for destroying her dress. So, he apologized, wholeheartedly, and made his Sonia and Gunther do the same. He promised that they wouldn't be nuisances to her or any other villagers again.

Then, both children ran off to play, like nothing had happened.

Mykal was expecting the princess to create a spectacle, as do all the persons he knew in high nobility seemed to - he knew they were all stuck-up.

Princess Johanna didn't do that, though. She just apologized for her behaviour towards him and his children, noting that it was unbecoming of a princess.

Completing his true commoner alias, Mykal was down on his knees in front of the princess, thinking his apologies weren't enough and started trying to rid her dress of the mess his offspring created. She, however, thought it not necessary as another dress was easily affordable. Mykal dismissed her humility in his head and committed himself to the current task, but things weren't looking up. The dirt continued to smear all over the princess' dress.

Taking him by the hand, she pulled him up to his full height, although he towered over her by just a few inches. She noticed the apologetic look in his eyes as he stared at her, and then glanced at the two children playing in the background. Making a completely accurate analysis in her head, she concluded that Mykal could not take care of his children in his current state.

Too bad she was unaware that he was just pretending.

She finally got an idea. She offered Mykal two things he desperately needed:
1 - a job, and 2 - a place to stay, both of which were in the Grand Palace of Lenanthia.

◆□◆□◆□◆□◆□◆

Life on the streets has come to an end for our Prince. Let's see what lies in store for him in the next chapter!

Appreciative of all votes! 😊
And your feedback will be forever welcomed.

◇ MARDAIS ◇