The Potions

The feast in front of them was amazing. The great hall was truly great. There was a very festive mood. Sherlock wondered what Hogwarts would be like in Christmas then. Ghosts were wandering around. Sherlock asked Ivan about them and he told him that they were the wizards who refused to pass on. Wizards who clung on to something they couldn't finish. Ivan showed him Nearly headless Nick who was currently pulling his head to one side, to the amazement of Gryffindor table, Fat friar who was laughing at something some other ghost said, and Bloody Baron, the ghost who was sitting pensively on the slytherin table. Ivan also warned him about Peeves the poltergeist. He told him that Peeves was afraid of only Bloody baron. He sometimes didn't even listen to the teachers.

There was only Sally and him in the Ravenclaw that year. Three people had gone to Gryffindor, five to Hufflepuff and only 1 to Slytherin.

"You'll get the dormitory to yourself," Joanne Kato said, a fourth year said. "This the lowest number of students coming to Hogwarts. Might be a record. I mean even when you-know-who was at it's peak, more students came. But he vanished two-"

"Who are you talking about?" Sherlock asked.

Joanne widened her eyes. "You don't know? Are you from muggle family?"

"Yes," Sherlock said, trying not to be bothered by her tone. "Who is this person?"

"He's the most evil wizard of all time," Joanne said in hushed voice. "He was only afraid of Prof Dumbledore. But two years ago he went to the Potters' house to kill the family. He killed the parents but their year old boy he could not kill! Could you believe!" 

She told him all about the Harry Potter boy who was apparently a very big deal in their world. But she refused to tell him the name of that wizard. She didn't want to say it. Sherlock wondered who was this wizard who had spread so much of terror.

But Joanne said he had died. His killing curse had backfired on him. It was the first time it had ever happened. Sherlock was in proper awe of that Potter boy. He must be something very special and powerful. 

"I hope he comes to Ravenclaw when he comes here. He must be very smart," Joanne commented.

The feast ended and the Headmaster Dumbledore gave some instructions. Sherlock now looked carefully at the man. There was intelligence in his blue eyes. But he looked very kind and grandfather-ly overall. The most feared wizard was afraid of this guy. Sherlock could not believe.

Suddenly he exclaimed, "Hey! Where did the hat go?"

"To the headmaster's office of course," Ivan said, wondering in his mind who was this only boy who had come to Ravenclaw this year. He looked intelligent but had asked some pretty dumb questions. Silly first years...

...

They all filed to Ravenclaw dormitory which was at the top of the tower. There was a bronze eagle on the door who asked tricky questions in order to grant them the entrance. Sherlock liked it. But he loved their common room. 

It was high ceilinged​ and very airy. There were tall windows and it was very windy. A side of their circular room was filled with books. There was a rug on their ground of midnight blue colour which was full of stars. It must be enchanted because it reflected on the ceiling. Their Prefect Robert Hillard showed Sally and him the way to dormitory which was by a tall marble statue. It was Rovena Ravenclaw's, the one of the four founders of the school.

He went up to his dormitory and Sally went other way, to the girl's dormitories.

His was an airy room, big enough to house four people. But currently it was furnished for only one person with a single four poster bed with dark blue covers. The room had a west facing window through which gentle breezes came in. His luggage was already there. Despite all the excitement of this new home, he was tired and was fast asleep in his robes only.