Coming of age

Nathan POV

10/10/2010

My mother is throwing us a very last minute birthday party today I heard her and my dad talking this morning. My mom begging my dad for another child but my father wasn't having any of it. He told her No end of discussion I can here her pout and say you promise I could have six pups. I want to try for another girl to make it even my dad just laughed at her.

So hence why the last minute birthday party she said if she cant anymore pups then she will spoil the ones she has. I really could careless about having a birthday party today we don't change for another Three years.

I cant wait for that day we do it big around here in the Lake Moon Pack. My mother does all the cooking for everyone's thirteenth birthday she is the best cook/baker in this whole pack. My father always says he got lucky when he mated with my mother everyone was after her because she could cook.

I'm the oldest of five I have a twin sister her name is Sam I'm 2 minutes older than her and I never let her forget it. Then there's Charley he's 9, then we have the other set of twins Riley and Rochelle there 6.

It's 8p.m. and the party is in full swing. Everybody is dancing and having a good time know one here is from outside of the packed as much as I would like to invite a few of my friends from school I cant.

I'm dancing with my little sister Rochelle. I know what your thinking what a loser right! Wrong I saw my dad go over and start talking to Alpha Travis. If I was to go over there his three daughters would be all over me. So I decided it would be safer to just dance with my little sister plus she's to cute to pass up.

The Alpha and my Father are hoping that I will mate with one of them. Me on the other hand am hoping that doesn't happen don't get me wrong there all really beautiful girls but they just don't do it for me. Any other wolfs would jump at the chance to be with them they all have long red hair. There also very petite like there mother and they have the most beautiful green eyes.

But they whine about everything and nothing at all. They are so into there looks that they don't see anything else. They have know desire to learn how to fight at all, all they ever do is talk about shopping and gossip about people from school.

The music has stopped I turn around to look and see what has happen. I see my sister Sam walk over to me and say "there about to sing". I see my mother come out rolling this four tier birthday cake over to my sister and I. I look up at the moon and smile it's beautiful today it feels like its calling me.

The pack starts to sing happy birthday (brake crack) Fuck, Fuck (brake crack) that's all I kept thinking as my bones would brake. Everyone stops singing, I'm on the ground right now I feel my dad and mom at my side asking me what's wrong. (brake crack) I growl it hurts so bad I can feel everyone's eyes on me. My spine is fucking cracking oh god I'm in so much pain I want to cry but I can't I have to be strong.

I hear Alpha Travis come over, say that I'm going through the change and that I'm almost done. Whatever else he's saying to me I don't understand at all because everything is a blur. My mother is saying know he's to young only Alpha's change at ten we're just Beta's.

When everything is done I feel good I feel more alive than I did before. Everything is hyped I can see all the way to the lake from here. I can hear Valerie, Veronica and Vicky arguing on who is going be my mate. I look at my parents, my dad has this big smile on his face while my mom has tears in her eyes.

My sister Sam comes up to me and says in my ear that my "wolf is absolutely beautiful." I turn and lick her face she wipes it off and says thats gross. I want to run and that's exactly what I do. I ran for two hours I didn't even know it was that long it felt so good.

When I started to enter the house I heard my father's voice. I turned, he was sitting in the rocking chair to the left I didn't even see him. "You know son just because your wolf is here doesn't mean you can stay out at all times of the night" he said. I told him I was sorry I didn't realize I was out so late. I asked him how mom was. He said "She feels like she just lost a child so she wants another one of course" I just chuckle my mother is relentless I give her that.

My dad grabs me and gives me one of his bear hugs and says in my ear "everything is going to change now for you son. I just need you to be prepared for it we will talk in the morning right now lets go to bed" he pulls me back and looks at me and says "my boy is growing up so fast."

ANY COMMENTS, ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT......