𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Bree watched as her son played with their neighbour's girl who was running away from him. Quentin's laugh could always make her smile because it showed that he was happy. Her child was happy and that's all that mattered to her.

She couldn't believe that it had been over four years since he was born. It felt like yesterday when she was in labor, tiredness and pain almost killing her. Well, she shouldn't have been surprised because there was a real person in her. Still, with the support of the father of the baby, she got her son home.

At first, Bree and Xavier weren't the happy new couple who were about to have a baby. No, they hadn't been even in a relationship. There hasn't been any connection or sparks but that didn't stop them from keeping the baby. They had thought that it wouldn't matter if the baby had two houses and two families.

They had kept in touch and talked a lot, mostly about the baby. He had helped a lot and even came with her to the baby shopping, forcing her to be quiet when he paid for everything.

"It's my baby too, you know. You got to have all the time with her so let me do something alone," Xavier replied smiling at her stomach. Bree was now seven months pregnant so the stomach was big, just like he liked it.

"Her? How do you know it's a girl?" she asked smiling.

"Father knows best, my dear," he winked at her and kissed her big stomach.

He was wrong. They got a boy, a beautiful little boy with her red hair and his blue eyes and nose. He was the perfect mix of his two parents who seemed to be over the moon. Even though they hadn't been together, they still cared about each other and loved their new son. At that moment, Bree had never been happier.

She didn't care that she had been only eighteen and that some people didn't approve teenage parents. She didn't care that she hadn't been together with her baby's father because she knew that they shared a great understanding. She didn't care that she had lost all her connections to her old friends because she was too afraid to tell them the truth.

When she had held her newborn child in her arms for the first time, she didn't care about anything else but Quentin who already had everyone wrapped around his pretty little finger.

Being a mother wasn't as hard as she thought. Feeding the baby, playing with him and dealing with sleepless nights came as naturally as her complicated relationship with Xavier.

Just like before, he had helped Bree after their son was born and after few months, they become closer. A lot. For Bree, it felt like the baby was the key to their relationship.

After he was born, everything seemed to have changed and it included the way they felt for each other. Somehow their baby awoke the feelings, the connection, the sparks, everything.

It was perfect. Just the three of them, their little family. Bree, Xavier, and Quentin. Nothing else mattered. She thought it was the happiest time and that nothing could change that. Until he died.

The death of Xavier had been like a nightmare to Bree. A horrible, never-ending nightmare that made her wake up screaming and crying for hours. She had been a mess. His death had changed everything and no matter how much she tried to be strong and be there for their son, she couldn't. She hadn't been strong enough.

It was almost ironic because that's what she had always thought of herself. A strong, confident woman who could deal with anything. A woman who nobody messed up with, not the assholes in her past or her parents.

Still, the death of one person, who was only meant to be the father of her son but ended up being much more, was too much for her to handle.

That's where her older brother came to help. Without having a single conversation, he had known that Bree wasn't able to take care of Quentin like this.

He knew that she needed help and that wasn't possible if her son was always at her feet crying and needing god knew what. So Brett Collins had taken his nephew to live with him until Bree was feeling better.

It took time. A lot of time and therapy with countless breakdowns that were necessary. At least that's what the therapist had said. Crying and dealing with the loss was part of getting better. It was a way to understand the fact that he wasn't coming back. That was the first part of the therapy which seemed to be the hardest for Bree.

After a long time, she finally understood that she was depressed. That meant not only crying and shouting but only horrible thoughts and dreams that included him and death. She had dreamed about dying and meeting her fiance again. Being happy with him. Smiling, kissing and cuddling like they always did.

Bree also understood that they were only dreams where she was able to be with him again but at the same time the worst nightmares because she had to leave him.

She also knew that no matter how much she loved and missed Xavier, she would never leave her, their, son. Quentin didn't deserve to lose his father at such a young age but losing both of his parents would traumatize him probably for his entire life.

So, with those thoughts, she had decided to do her best to get better. She had people to get back to, not many but they were still people who she loved and who loved her back. They were her people who had supported her through everything. Bree had to get better not only for them but most importantly for herself.

And that's what she did.

A/N: Hey everyone! So, here's a little about Bree's life and her past. Liked, disliked? Tell me, don't stay quiet!

Also, English isn't my first language so I apologize already if there's too many mistakes or the grammar is funny. I'll do my best though, but please comment on any mistakes you see and I'll fix them!