𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

Later that night, Bree came home from her walk that turned into a disaster. Her son was awake with Brett who told Bree that Quentin had woken up because he had seen a nightmare. L

Luckily Brett wasn't only his uncle but one of his favorite people too which explained how he was able to calm him down so easily.

Bree never had to worry about her son if her brother was with him because she knew that Brett would never let anything happen to him. She was happy that two of her favorite people had such a close relationship.

"How are you feeling?" Brett asked once he put sleeping Quentin back into his bed while Bree went to the kitchen. Sometimes his questions annoyed her but she knew that he was just worried so she never said anything.

She sighed, thinking if she should tell him about what happened and who she met not even twenty minutes ago. Then she thought about all the bigger secrets that they have shared in the past and even though Brett didn't know Chris, he would understand.

"I saw him tonight," she whispered and felt Brett staring at her back. She was sitting in the living room that was near the kitchen where Brett currently was getting water.

"Who? That Christian dude?" he asked with a strange look on his face as if he was hiding something from her. She always knew when he lied because he was so bad it. Brett seemed to notice the confusion on her face as he started to explain what he had been hiding from her.

"I met him two days ago when I was with Quentin." Her mouth opened from shock and for once, she was left speechless.

She wasn't even sure if she was more shocked that they had met or that he hadn't told her about it. Her own brother who she trusted more than anyone and who had never hidden anything from her.

Brett tried to say something but she cut him off. "What did you talk about?"

Her voice was again emotionless. Brett hated to see his little sister so cold, especially if he was the reason for that.

He stayed quiet before answering and for a second, she wondered if he was trying to find a right lie so he wouldn't have to tell the truth. He doesn't tell you one thing and suddenly you don't trust him at all, she frowned at her thoughts but pushed them away, knowing that she wasn't overreacting at all.

"I told him that he was wrong at calling you slut and that he was a fucking asshole who deserves to die," he said and Bree was furious. She didn't tell him about her history with Chris so he would become overprotective big brother who would take the law into his own hands.

If she wanted to do something about it, she would do it herself. She was a grown-up woman after all who didn't need men to do everything for her. God, she was so angry! Why were men always trying to intervene in her business?

"I'm joking. Well, at least a little. I only told him that calling girls sluts was a wrong thing to do and that he shouldn't have bullied you," Brett explained as if he said nothing wrong. Of course, she saw this differently.

"I don't need you to defend me, especially for something that happened in high school. Who is stupid enough to fight for something that happened five years ago?! Second, I didn't tell you about that in school because I was able to handle Chris just fine and I can do it now too."

"Well, sorry if I'm not okay with someone calling you slut!" This was one of the unusual situations where they saw things differently and ended up fighting for a long time. They didn't fight much but when they did, it was always serious.

"And I didn't care. You know I'm not one to cry for some idiot's opinion about me, especially because he knew nothing about me. Besides, I called him an asshole. Are you judging me too?"