Chapter Three: Watching T.V.

Taylor:

I walked into a a girl sitting naked in the bathtub in my home and now I found out she's living here. I have no clue what's going on right now, but I think it's best to just go with the flow. Jay seems very set on keeping her here. He doesn't usually react this strongly to anything, but he's always had a soft side for anything that needed his help. I guess a homeless girl brought this side out.

I didn't think she could cause much harm, but Jay really shouldn't have brought a random stranger into our house. It isn't safe. He's the only person I know who would do something like that. Impulsive. He was so impulsive.

She seems innocent enough, but she is quite odd. Something's a little off about her. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but there's definitely something not quite right. I will have to keep a close eye on her.

I should probably find out who her family is. I know a lot of the families in this town because I'm a Massey, but I haven't seen her around before. I don't even know any families that would ever kick their children out. Maybe she comes from somewhere outside of here.

I had no interest on what was happening on-screen, but I watched anyway, having nothing else to do. Well, that wasn't quite true. I had homework I needed to do. Of course, I was going to wait until last minute to do all that, as always. Maybe even not do it.

"Hey, do you mind if we just eat in front of the T.V. tonight?" Jacob asks, poking his head out from the kitchen. "I don't want to have to set the table."

"Yeah sure." I mutter half-heartedly, still staring at the T.V.. "I don't really care."

"Of course. Ally? Do you mind."

I crane my head back to look at her, interested in her reply. "I . . . I don't really mind . . ."

"Great! Then we'll eat in front of the T.V." Jay says brightly, and disappears back into the kitchen.

What was he cooking with anyway? No one's gone shopping for over a week. He might have gone shopping today and that's when he met Ally . . . God I hope so. Otherwise supper will be interesting.

"What's for supper?" I shout.

"Stir-fry." He shouts back.

I get suspicious. "What's in the stir-fry?"

I hear Jay laugh and he comes out of the kitchen again. "Don't worry. I'm not trying to poison you. It's just tofu, spinach, noodles, broccoli, and some other stuff. It's veggies."

I relax. " 'Kay good."

"But we do need to go shopping or else we're really out." He says, vanishing into the kitchen again. "I won't be able to make a decent supper again tomorrow with what we have now."

"I have school tomorrow." I remind him. "And you're the one who wanted to go shopping today."

"You could go shopping after school."

"I could." I agree.

"But you won't. I know. Don't worry, I'll go shopping tomorrow."

I chuckle and lay back on the sofa. I'm way too lazy. I knew he would do it. He always does. Even if I wasn't lazy, I wouldn't know what to get and where to find it. I know I will have to learn one day, but tomorrow really wasn't the day. There was also the option to just live in this house together with him forever, of course.

. . . . . . . . . .

Alleacia:

The two of them were very close. It was easy to see in the way they interacted with each other. The familiarity and teasing. They were siblings, but also best friends. They trusted each other and knew each other well enough to be able to tease and poke fun at one another.