26

The people become quiet and brace themselves. If they are told before hand that they won't like it, there is no doubt it isn't good news. Especially since the elves, eldars and dwarves won't be the ones helping them. What could she possibly propose as their help?

Montani motions for Teondae to come forward. Kallen's eyes go wide and he turns white as everything falls into place in his mind. Yet, he doesn't say a word as Teondae steps forward.

Montani motions for him to lower the cowl he has covering his head and face. There is confusion among the people. He really does look like a dark elf. The people all know what elves look like though and that's why they are confused. Montani lets the silence go until she feels like the people are about to burst. She leans over and whispers to Teondae. He smiles in response and the people gasp in fear and start to move away.

"This is my friend Teondae. It is his people that are willing to help the humans, to fight for them."

"That's a lie, it will be his people that will kill us all." Someone yells out and the look Montani gives them freezes them in place.

"I see, I was wrong. We will leave tonight and not bother you again." Montani turns and with Teondae and Mant go towards the stairs with the intent to gather their things and leave once and for all.

"Wait Montani, we don't all feel that way. Please, tell us what plan you have for our safety?" Kallen begs even as the loudmouth is kept quiet by the others in the room.

Montani looks coolly about the room, her patience is almost gone. She had made a promise to Teondae and his people and she doesn't like breaking her promises. 

"Teondae didn't think you'd accept, but I promised him and through him the leaders of his people that they would be accepted by the humans if they came and fought for them. They are aware of the stories. Teondae himself helped hunt down and kill the renegades from his people. They left their lands, their houses and their treasures to give you peace. They wish to atone for the deaths caused by the renegades and so are willing to fight and die to save you. They won't come if you won't accept them, however. After this night I am not sure that they should come, but they are the only ones that will.

"If you accept this proposal, leave a message in the clearing where my family's house used to be. The elves will bring me word and we'll pass it along to the Vacar."

"How do we know that we can trust the Vacar this time?" Someone yells out.

Teondae sets a calming hand on Montani's arm as she's about to go storming off. "I hunted down and killed my brother as he was about to take the lives of a human family. I loved my brother, looked up to him before he turned renegade, but I couldn't allow him to continue doing something so wrong. Most of my people felt the same way. All those stories you heard about us? They are all true, I could tell you some that you haven't heard that are even worse. One thing you don't understand though, all those horror stories were caused by less than a hundred of my people. There are more than a thousand willing to defend and help you. Think about that, how less than a hundred caused so much destruction, how much help would over a thousand be?"

"Kallen, should the people accept, you and the townspeople will need to start some rumors. Have the people start gathering food, animals everything they wish to survive and gather at a few cities, no more than five. This village will be one of them. When this war is over there will either be no more evil ones or no more anyone else. This is a war for survival, make sure that that is understood. The cities that are burning those with my abilities, will be lost since they won't accept the help. There will be no way to save them.

"There won't be much time so this rumor will be needed to be started as soon as the response is given."

"Will the elves be there to receive the message?" Kallen asks nervously. They, none of them had believed her when she had told them she was friends with the elves.