61

Bodies of fire light everywhere. No evil one is left without his flames that he or it can't put out. Montani lifts them all out of the ramparts and courtyard where a few had managed to fight to. She brings them over the barricade and throws them as far as her power allows her to, then she lets go of her first spell. 

Deep furrows are gouged out of the earth as the flying creatures land on the earth. Their body's bouncing until they meet an immovable object.

The flames become intense and soon there is no sign of movement among the enemy. 

There is silence on the ramparts as the people watch in awe at the destruction Montani was able to do.

Montani however was busy making her way to Mant. She is joined by Mauntie who is suffering his own wounds. "Can you save him, Montani?" Mauntie asks tears flowing down his face to match the blood flowing from his side.

Montani doesn't say anything she just goes into the healing trance and starts healing the body and keeping track of Mant's spirit. If he leaves her she won't be far behind.

Soon the body is healed and she takes him back to the inn with her. The people silently move out of the way as she takes her husband to the bed. Mauntie follows just as silently behind them. He's still not sure that he won't lose them both.

"Did you know that Montani was strong enough to be able to do that?" Teondae hears the vacar talking as he makes his way through the town.

"What are you talking about?" He demands irritably. He'd been dealing with evil ones outside the perimeter all day.

"Mant was injured during the attack. Montani went crazy and made bon fires of all the evil ones. Then she took the ones from inside the defenses and threw them as far as she could before turning them into inferno's." The vacar reported to him.

"Montani?" Teondae asks startled.

"Yes," the vacar said and looked like he was going to say more when he just couldn't find the words.

"Teondae, could I have you come with me?" Mauntie calls out to the tired Vacar leader.

"Of course, Mauntie. What can I do for the Eldar king this fine evening?" Teondae asks a bit flippantly. Montani had single handedly killed thousands of evil ones this day.

"Mant's not awakened yet. I fear for them both." Mauntie says and Teondae can see the fear deep in Mauntie's eyes.

"The wound was serious then?" Teondae immediately becomes serious.

"Montani healed his injury, but he still hasn't awakened. Montani swore that if he leaves her again that she'll follow him. Even in death. If he doesn't awaken we'll lose them both."

The two had continued walking as they talked and have arrived at Mant and Montani's door.

"Wounds of the body I can heal, those of spirit not so much." Teondae says dejectedly. "I'll take a look though." 

Mauntie knocks softly then opens the door. Teondae's heart goes out as he sees Montani hunched over Mant. Prolonged crying is evident on her face. 

In that moment Teondae doesn't doubt that Montani will go after Mant even in death.

"When Mant left her nearly six years ago, I thought for a while we'd lose Montani as well. She had just opened up and started living life without her mask of steel. But when he left all life in her died as well. Fortunately she threw everything she had into learning. One skill after another she learned and mastered. She'd do anything to work herself into exhaustion so she could sleep.