57

Montani stands rooted in place from shock at what she sees. "The humans have been flooding in since you left. Shockingly enough even some from the Southern cities. The Vacar tested them and they aren't spies. Many of them have abilities like you. Far weaker ones of course. Some of them have been rather arrogant and have tried taking over. Very likely you'll meet them if you stay here overnight."

Montani allows the look of disgust to come onto their face. "Why would I want to meet them?"

"Because they don't believe that there is a human in charge. They also don't believe in the Eldar and were terrified of the Vacar and irritated the Elves when they first got here. They have demanded on multiple times to meet you. Kallen might just give in just to get them to shut up." Leear says trying hard to not start laughing at Montani's facial expressions.

"I'm in no mood to deal with irritating humans. Hell, irritating people in general." Montani says but Leear starts smirking and chuckles.

"Too late my friend. Here comes the nasty trio." Leear says now sneering at the approaching humans. Montani doesn't like this. Leear tolerates humans better than most elves, probably due to his association with her as she grew up. But at this time he wants nothing to do with the group coming towards them.

Montani fixes her mask in place and studies the loathsome trio. She hopes that Leear is exaggerating but by Jewel's expression he's not.

"Prince Leear, we demand better accommodations than those given to us." The snootiest of the three starts demanding as soon as she was within hearing distance.

"There are no better accommodations Isabelle, you know that." Leear says gritting his teeth.

The three were rudely ignoring those with Leear. Montani smiles a smile that Leear has rarely seen and it takes him aback. He'd only seen that when Katiri was going to put someone, usually an elf, in their place.

"Leear tell me who are these ill mannered brats?" Montani says in her most insulting voice.

"Isabelle, Jenice and Margret Fleming. They are survivors from the southern cities and have minor abilities." Leear says barely masking his feelings for the females.

"And who is she?" Jenice demands when Leear stops there.

"My name is Montani. Now why don't you all just go and get out of everyone's way?" Montani says insultingly. Making shooing motions with her hands. She can already tell their abilities will never amount to much. Normally that wouldn't be a reason for her to act like that but she doesn't like their attitude.

She feels arms come around her and pull her to a warm familiar chest. She turns her head up and smiles, "Mant. Did you find out where we will be staying tonight?"

"Kallen is letting us have his best room." Mant says and Montani smiles happily.

"Great, what's for dinner?"

"Venison stew." Mant says amused by her enthusiasm.

Ignoring the three girls Montani asks Leear and Jewel if they will be joining them and the small group heads off to the inn.

The next few days are hectic and spent in updating Montani, Mant and Teondae about what has been done and what is next and what they hope to accomplish before the enemy comes.

Unfortunately the horror threesome would always show up and start making trouble while they are in counsel. Montani manages to keep herself calmed down the first few times it happens, but the fourth time she's had it.

"Enough. If you three don't stop being such stuck up bitches that just get in everyone's way then I will send you as a gift to the next sighting of evil ones." Montani snaps turning and facing them.

"How dare you talk to us that way. Just who the hell do you think you are?" Isabelle demands.

Everyone that is with Montani look at her quickly and take a step back.

"Who do I think I am? I'll answer after you tell me just who the Hell you think you are? What have you done for anyone besides yourselves since you've been here? What've you done besides getting in everyone's way? Oh, I know, bitching, whining and causing problems. If you haven't noticed we don't have much time and you are making it harder to get things done. So tell me, just the HELL you think you are?"

"We-we are from the noble house of Sherandra." Isabelle says as if that means anything.

"Bullshit. You would have been killed by your parents if you had been of the noble house. No taint of the abilities would be allowed in the noble houses of the south. The fools and idiots are too stupid to know something good when it's given to them.

"So try again, princess." Montani is tired of their bullshit.

"We are of the noble house. But our servant protected us and taught us how to hide our abilities. We ran out of Sherandra ahead of the people that found out about us. You are right they'd rather try to kill us than the monsters they should be fighting." Jenice says in the pregnant silence that follows Montani's angry questioning.

"Very well princess," Montani sneers at them. "I am Montani, my human name is Katiri." She notes with satisfaction that that name brings a reaction. "My family was killed by the evil ones and I was adopted by my husband's people the Eldar after saving the King's life, who just so happened to be his father.

"Before I left my human life behind, Leear taught me and took me to Arbolan to teach me even more.

"After becoming leader of the Eldar due to my accomplishments Mant and I married and went hunting evil ones. Along the way I formed the alliance to fight this twice damned scourge. Now I'm stuck explaining myself to three overly pampered babies that should be helping out in the defenses or at least staying out of everyone's way.

"Does that explain who I am, sufficiently to you princesses? Because if not that's too damn  bad the adults need to get back to work." Montani says and dismisses them by turning her back to them and getting back to her discussion with the dwarven engineers.

Mant snickers once the girls huff off. "Nice Montani. They thought to intimidate you and you turned it around on them."

Montani gives a sniff of her own once the engineers move off. "Those three will be thrown out if they aren't careful. I've about had it with them." Montani moves off to the next place she needs to check. By now many of the Eldar have arrived and look to her more than the Vacar about what they should be doing. Montani makes a note that she needs to get that to change.