Thunder of Apologies

Not using the awkward "lesson" from Kyoya in this chapter. I couldn't do it.

I knocked on Kyoya's door. "Hey, Kyoya? You in there?" I called.

"Yeah, come on in," he called back.

I slowly opened the door and found Kyoya laying on his bed in the dark.

"Oh, I'm sorry Kyoya, were you sleeping?" I asked, worried that I woke him.

"No, I was just laying here, thinking." He said, still staring at the ceiling.

I walked a little closer to him, "Kyoya, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to make everybody worry about me today."

He sat up and looked at me, "Thanks, but I wasn't especially worried. Although I did have a hard time separating Kaoru and Hikaru from those two punks. They almost beat them half to death." He chuckled a little bit and looked up at me, "I do admire you for standing up to those boys though, you're a fascinating young woman, (Y/n)."

I smiled at him, "You know Kyoya, you are always so quiet, I guess I never realized what a nice guy you are."

Kyoya smiled and stood up. He walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I took it as his way of saying thanks.

Just then there was a knock at the door. Tamaki stepped in, "Kyoya? Do you have any lotion? This sunburn is worse than I--" He stopped and widened his eyes at the sight of me.

He darted his eyes between us and turned his expression to rage, "You bastard!" he yelled.

Kyoya walked over and shoved a tube of sunscreen in his face. "Here, use as much as you want, you big goof." Kyoya then left the room, leaving Tamaki and I alone.

I heard a rumbling from outside and I started to get worried. Please not now.

Tamaki walked over to me, "What were you doing alone with him?" he asked.

"We weren't doing anything I just--" he cut me off.

"You expect me to believe nothing was going on?! You were alone in his bedroom! And why were the lights out?! Don't you lie to me!" he yelled.

I opened my mouth to explain, but he beat me to it, "Never mind. You've been through a lot today, I'm sure you're tired. You should get some sleep." He turned and started to walk towards the door.

The thunder rumbled again. "Tamaki?"

CRASH

I dove for him and grabbed the back of his shirt. He turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Uh..." I struggled to find words.

CRASH

I screamed and buried my face in my hands.

"What's wrong (Y/n)?" Tamaki asked.

I ran over to the wardrobe in the corner, "It's nothing. I just remembered there's some business I have to take care of, excuse me." I opened it and climbed inside, closing the doors behind me.

"What business could you have in a wardrobe?!" Tamaki yelled.

CRASH

I hugged my knees to my chest and sank into the corner of the wardrobe.

"(Y/n), are you afraid of thunder and lightning?" Tamaki asked, softly this time, "why'd you lock yourself in there? It seems like it'd be scarier locked up like that." He tried to open the doors.

"I'm alright, I'm used to getting through stuff like this by myself."

Tamaki stopped, "By yourself? You're always by yourself, all alone in your home. You never call us for help even though we're so close. I get it." He pulled hard on the doors and they swung open.

"I understand now, (Y/n). I'm sorry I acted the way I did. You grew up without relying on anyone else. But not anymore, you can come out now." I looked up from my knees, he held out his hand to me.

CRASH

I jumped from the closet and crashed into his chest, wrapping my arms around him and grasped his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and placed one hand on my head.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'll always be here for you, (Y/n). I promise that you'll never be alone again." He whispered softly.

I tightened my grip on his shirt, tears started streamed down my face. He looked down at me and smiled, moving his hand from my head to my face to wipe the tears away. "Don't cry (Y/n), I'm here."

I looked up into his eyes, "Hold me, Tamaki," I whispered.

Tamaki was taken back by my request, but smiled and leaned down, picking me up bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. He walked over and sat on Kyoya's bed, gently starting to rub my face with his hand.

The thunder crashed a couple more times, but soon subsided to just the pitter-patter of rain against the windows. I closed my eyes and started to drift off in Tamaki's arms.

There was a knock at the door, "Hey, Boss! We're coming in." I heard the twins voices yell before the door opened.

"Shh! She's asleep!" Tamaki hissed in a yelling, whisper voice.

I really wasn't, but I kept my eyes shut and didn't move.

Tamaki stood up and carried me towards the door. He shuffled past the others and stopped in front of them before proceeding, "By the way, I won the game," Tamaki stated smugly before continuing walking.

I smirked a little in my "sleep". Tamaki may be an annoying, spoiled little turd, but at least he was a good guy. Maybe he isn't so bad... Yeah, maybe.