Saving Our Idiot

The next day, the Ouran Fair continued. We were in the same white outfits as yesterday evening and it was even more busy than the day before.

"(Y/n)!" Kyoya called. I turned to look at him, "Someone to see you."

Eclair was staring at me with the smuggest look on her face. I took in a deep breath and walked over to her table and sat down.

"How are you today?" I asked, halfheartedly.

"I couldn't help but notice that my Tamaki seemed to have a soft spot for you." She said, getting straight to the point.

"Just what are you getting at? Are you saying you're jealous of me?"

"Oh, listen to you! Tamaki won't be coming today. I warned him I would be upset if he ever showed his face at the Host Club again. Tell me, are you Tamaki's lover?"

"No miss, not at all."

"I see. That's good to hear. Then I guess you must mean nothing to him."

I was done being nice. I looked her dead in the eye, "While I may not be his lover, I know that I am not nothing to him."

Her eyes widened ever so slightly, but her facial expression didn't change. She said nothing else; she stood up and walked away.

"Thank you for all of your hard work, (Y/n)." Kyoya said, walking up to me. "After that request from Lady Eclair, your debt has been paid. You've finally repaid us for that Renaissance vase you broke. So, you're free to quit the Host Club, if you want."

My eyes widened to the size of tennis balls. That was it? One thousand requests?

Two men started walking behind Kyoya, I looked up and saw my Father. He stopped and glanced over at me. "When they're young, many assume they have all the time in the world, but really, that is never the case. Don't waste your time with something that will ultimately have no value."

He started to walk away, but I quickly stood up and faced my father. "You know what Dad? You don't know anything about the Host Club. We all work around the clock to make sure that everyone here is enjoying themselves, and did you ever stop to think that entertaining others might give each of us some fulfillment? I don't care what you think, I think the Host Club and everyone in it are amazing. They've made me feel more like part of a family than you ever have."

He didn't look at me, after a moment he just kept walking, "I see." Was all he said before he left.

A massive weight was lifted off my chest. I let out the breath I realized I was holding and took in a few deep ones. Kyoya placed a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and him and he gave me a small smile.

He knew I wasn't leaving anytime soon.

***

Later we had all changed into our 18th century French costumes. Mine was really extravagant. (Picture)

The parade was happening soon and we all wanted Tamaki to be there. We all tried to call him, but he didn't answer, even when I called.

Kyoya didn't stop trying though, he called at least four times and after the fourth he gave up. "Well?" Kaoru asked.

"No luck. He's not there." Kyoya sighed.

"I can't believe he didn't show. I really thought he was going to make it, despite what she said." I said.

Kyoya looked over at me then flipped his phone open again. After a few seconds of ringing he said, "Hello, Shima? Been a while, hasn't it? It's Kyoya." He paused and listened to 'Shima', his expression was getting more and more frustrated. "How could he be so stupid?!" He turned to us, "Evidently, Tamaki is planning to return to France."

We all gasped, "Tama-chan is going to leave us?!" Honey cried.

"You're kidding me?! We just can't let it end so suddenly!" Hikaru yelled.

I had no words. I just stared at Kyoya in shock.

He went back to talking on the phone. "Do you know when he is leaving, Shima?......Why is he leaving so soon?!....Tamaki!"

A car whizzed past below us. They all ran over to the window and saw Tamaki riding off with his new fiancé.

"Tama-chan!" Honey yelled.

"The Ouran Fair isn't even over yet!" Hikaru shouted.

"My family's car should be in the parking lot! (Y/n), let's go!" Kyoya said.

We all stood and ran as quick as we could to the parking lot. It was a little hard for me, considering my attire. Kyoya led the way and ran up to his car. "We're in a hurry, can you drive us?" He asked the driver.

"I'm sorry sir, but..." The driver hesitated.

"What is it? What's wrong?!" Kyoya asked.

"Well, you see, the thing is..."

Several men wearing black armor approached us, I recognized them as the Ootori private police. "You want to tell me your orders? Let me guess. You've been hired to protect Lady Eclair." Kyoya hissed.

"I'm truly sorry it has to come to this," they started to walk towards us, Hikaru pushed me behind him,  "but as you know, as members of the Ootori private police, we answer to your father."

Kyoya grunted, raised his arm, and crashed it onto the hood of the car. He cursed and made a massive dent on the hood.

"I'm terribly sorry, sir, but we've been ordered not to allow any of you to leave, even if we have to stop you by force."

Quicker than I could think, Mori and Honey had crashed through the group of officers on the horse-drawn carriage. Honey jumped off and glared at the officers; they all gasped at the sight of him.

"Hikaru, take the carriage. If you use the back hills bypass, you can cut them off." Mori instructed before stepping off the carriage to join Honey.

Hikaru took the reins and Kaoru climbed into the back. He looked at me and reached out his hand, "Come on!"

I was hesitant, but I felt hands grab my shoulders. "(Y/n), go get that idiot. Hurry." Kyoya pushed me towards Kaoru, I took his hand and he hoisted me onto the carriage. "Now go! This is your chance!"

Without hesitation, Hikaru whipped the reins and the horses took off.