chapter 6

Kendall entered Clayton's house and was more than shocked to see how everything was, his butler Simon greeted them both. The mansion was gorgeous, even Kendall's own house was amazing but his was just beautiful and there was no doubt in that.

There was a big lobby and on their right was a big rounded staircase, which led to a total of three floors and on her left was a furnished door which led to a big living room with a fire place, then moving forward was a corridor which led to three different places. 

She looked at Clayton with puzzled eyes and he understood what she wanted to say and said,

'those corridors lead to my office, the library, gym, and the fencing room-oh and also the kitchen.'

She nodded her head and he led her upstairs to her room which was on the first floor, she entered her room and opened her mouth in shock, 

it was stunning, it had modern furnishing with a king sized bed and a closet which a girl could only dream of and the best part was the shower, it was fit for the queen she thought.

Clayton looked at her open mouth and commented,

'better close your mouth before a fly goes in.'

She closed her mouth and asked,

'how many rooms are in this house?'

He put his hand in his pockets and said casually,' 50 or so,' 

Kendall just stared at him as if he thought "50 or so" rooms in a house were a very normal thing.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes, good God she thought where could he even afford all this from.

'And if you ever need anything my room is right across the corridor,' with that being said, he left.

Shortly after, a maid came in, carrying her bags placing them in the room after she was done she introduced herself smiling,

'hello miss pierce I'm your personal maid my name is Rebeca,'

"Hello Rebeca nice to meet you," Kendall smiled,

She smiled back and said,

'why don't u take a shower and freshen up, dinner is waiting downstairs.'

Kendall nodded and walked into the washroom to take a shower, after she was done she wore a plain turquoise color dress that was off the shoulder and stopped at her knees, with her hair in a messy bun she left a few strands of her hair pulled out and she walked downstairs to dinner and got lost in finding her ways.

She pointed her index finger up and said,

'We came in this way,' then she pointed her other finger the other way and said,

'then I went this way .. Then I turned here- And then-I'm lost wow."

She threw her hands up in frustration and sighed. The butler came in behind her and said,

'miss pierce how may I help you?' Startled she jumped around, only to find the butler standing, 

she put her hand on her heart and smiled at him saying,

'I feel like a lost duck in the middle of a jungle, can you please tell me where the dining room is?'

 He smiled, nodded and led her into the dining room.

After taking a few rights and lefts they reached the dining room and she walked in and saw Clatyon looking out the window, then she looked around and then at the table which had around 30 seats for people.

Clayton sensed her presence and turned around, she looked at him too and they both just stood there looking at each other, he was wearing a white shirt with a V neck that showed his tan muscled skin underneath with black slacks. 

Kendall snapped out of her thoughts on how handsome he looked and met his gaze, he put his hand out and gestured towards the table and she smiled back politely.

He sat on the head of the table with Kendall on his right, they both had dinner in silence, and without a word being said Kendall bid him goodnight and went upstairs to her room and changed her clothes and was asleep within a while.

She woke up in the morning as the sunlight glinted in her eyes, she looked up at the clock at it was 11:00 in the morning. 

She rolled over and changed her clothes and wore a pair of jeans, with a white silk dress shirt, tied her hair into a ponytail, wore nude lipstick, and walked out of the room.

She greeted the servants with a sweet smile and without having breakfast went outside to the garden that was on the backside of the house, it was two times bigger than the mansion itself, with a vast variety of plants and flowers, she went more forward and saw a stable, 

confused she walked in and saw around 67 horses of all types and colors, her spirits soared and she thought about her horse midnight and saddened a bit, she missed him and an idea struck, she could ask Clayton to bring him here, she smiled and walked through the table, she greeted the stable boy and saw a huge riding area.

When she had seen around the garden she retired back to the house and went into the dining room and saw Clayton already seated there on the table with a newspaper in his hand,

'Good morning.' She said.

"Good morning," he said in a stern voice which didn't sound polite she thought.

She sat on the table and had her breakfast in silence, she wanted to ask him about midnight and she glanced towards him, his face looked hard and emotionless, Clayton snapped his head up and raised his brow, she went red as she was caught staring, his eyes were cold.

She hesitated then asked,

'I was wondering ... I saw the stable and you have many beautiful horse there which reminded me of my own horse-midnight and I was wondering if you could bring him here."

She said and Clayton was just looking back at her his face showing nothing, he put down his newspaper and leaned back in his chair and said,

'why don't you use the horses here they are better than the horse that you have.'

 Kendall jerked her head up and glared at him, the proud bastard she thought, as her anger rose, it was only her second day and he was treating her like some dirt on his shoe.

" excuse me," she said irritated,

'is there something wrong with your hearing, I don't like repeating myself,' he said annoyed, 

'How dare you sit there and throw insults at whats mine!" She said fuming,

'well I was simply stating the truth," he said, boredom evident in his voice.

'At least my horses look like they are owned by a human, yours look like their master is a dirty flee bag, they're disgusting and dirty!' She snapped back, lying because his horses were magnificent.

'miss pierce don't use that tone of voice with me and if I were you I wouldn't have said what u did,' he said between gritted teeth, his anger surfacing.

'what will you do Clayton Westmoreland, strike me? well let's see you try,' she spat and without giving him an opportunity to reply she got up and stormed out of the room.

How dare he say that, the bastard, she could cheerfully murder him right now. 

After that day Kendall didn't even try to hide her hatred for him, everyday she would only sit with him for her meals and then avoid him as much as she could.

He once tried talking to her about managing her time and Kendall simply stated, 

'I can manage it very well, but you talking to me right now is useless and you're wasting my precious time,' and she walked out of the room leaving a shocked Clayton.

He was going to fix her, he thought, he was being very patient and he couldn't do it anymore he had to do something, and it hit him. He knew what he would do tomorrow.