chapter 12

A few weeks passed by, Kendall and Clayton would have breakfast together, then they would do their own work and have dinner and talk. Kendall concluded that Clayton was giving her a lot of attention lately and that did not go unnoticed by her. 

Clay would often joke about being intimate, despite the fact that he would joke there was a promise in his voice and Kendall would blush profusely.

One day Clayton came back from work late, and before Kendall could ask what was the reason he stayed back so late, he had already crushed his lips on hers, plunging his tongue into her mouth, leaving Kendall moaning.

He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his torso, and he carried her up to his bedroom, when they passed her room Kendall pulled back and looked at him with a questioned expression.  

"My bed is much bigger than yours," he replied huskily, his eyes darkened with desire.

His hands roamed her entire body, caressing and nipping every part. When he reached her pants he looked at her with desperation in his eyes, and Kendall nodded. 

And they spent the night making love, and like promised Kendall was kept up all night, and their ardor was beyond contained, that unforgettable night Kendall lost her virginity, to the man she loved, her inner voice added silently.

The next morning, Kendall woke up to a soreness between her legs, she grunted and turned around to come face to face with a smirking Clayton, suddenly all of the last night's memories came back and Kendall's face heated up, 

and she hid her face in the crook of his neck receiving a whole-hearted laugh from Clayton.

"good morning darling," he said his voice deep from sleep, his hair all ruffled.

 Kendalls heart did summers salts when he called her darling. Suddenly Kendall  became aware of the fact that they both were stark naked under the sheets and she pulled the sheets up to her neck.

Both of them had breakfast in comfortable silence, and then they resumed their work, Kendall would have her personal tutors, and Clayton being a duke dealing with his business. 

A week passed and they were back to their routine with Clayton teasing Kendall about their lovemaking receiving a playful glare from Kendall.

During that week Kendall became aware of the fact that she would feel nauseous, have morning sickness, and throw up her food. She thought it would be fine until she missed her monthly flux and she got worried about what might happen. 

She rushed to the doctor when Clayton was out.

"Well Miss pierce seems like you are pregnant, congratulations." The doctor said

That one word, had Kendall feeling lightheaded, she quickly rushed out of the hospital and went home. She made her way into her room and cried her heart out, a lot of things were on her mind,

 how she would tell Clayton, what people would think, she would be cut dead by the ton, she would be a social outcast, and how would she become a mother out of wedlock and that too at the age of 19 it all seemed too much.

Kendall didn't have the guts to face Clayton and she didn't tell him and avoided him for a week. Clayton was aware that something was wrong and that Kendall was hiding something from him and he had to find out.

He called Kendall to his office, she entered with her face down, avoiding eye contact with him. This made Clayton alert of the fact that someone might have threatened her or hurt her which made her act this way.

Kendall sat in front of him still not looking him in the eye.

"Kendall mind telling me what has gotten into you?" Clayton asked harshly.