chapter 16

Upon Kendall's wishes, Clayton spent a week with her and Vanessa in the cottage. Their days were filled with laughter and happiness, Clayton would try his damned best to make her smile. And she always did, once on a rainy day, around midnight, Ken and Clayton couldn't find sleep, they both curled up in front of the fireplace and were wrapped in each other's arms.

"I wish for us to marry as soon as we reach home," Clayton said, looking at Kendall who had her head on his chest.

She sighed, content, looked up into his silver eyes, and nodded shyly.

Clayton laughed at her shyness and pulled her into his lap and kissed her soundly, robbing her breath.

"And when we are married, we will try for another baby, I'd like a big family, at least 4 kids if you cooperate that is," he continued smiling to himself, but he didn't see the sad expression full of longing on Kendall's face.

"I'd want to see your womb swell, knowing that you are nurturing our child inside it," he whispered huskily, placing his hand possessively on her abdomen.

Tears filled Kendall's eyes, and she knew she had to tell him the ugly truth, 

"Clayton I have to tell you something," she whispered.

He jerked his head down to her lovely face when he heard her pained voice and her green teary eyes.

"What is it darling, why the tears, is it that you do not want to have children," he asked concerned, cupping her face in his hands.

She then started crying uncontrollably, and he crushed her to his chest, cooing to her like a child.

When her crying subsided she said,

'Oh Clayton, I would love to have your children, I want to have your children and many of them too," she said looking into his eyes.

"Then why are you crying, love." He whispered.

A fresh onslaught of tears filled her eyes as she whispered to him the ugly truth, that she couldn't get out of her mouth but forced herself to, 

 "When I miscarried, the doctor later came in and told me that I- that I wouldn't be-be able to have any ch-," she choked on her words while Clayton rubbed her back soothingly giving her the strength to continue.

"I wouldn't be able to have any children," she finished, she reached her arms around his neck and pulled him to her, crying again into the crook of his neck.

It saddened Clayton to no extent that they wouldn't be able to have the kids they both dreamed of, but he was happy he would have such an amazing woman by his side for eternity, kids or no kids, he would be happy.

"Love listen to me, if we can't have children then so be it, I don't care as long as we are together. But if you wish we can adopt." He finished, smiling.

Kendall felt the love she felt for him shine through her eyes, he needed an heir as he was a duke, but he cared naught for all that. He wanted- no needed her to be by his side. And she fell in love with him even more.

The preparations for their wedding had started, gowns, cakes, food, balls, clothes, decorations and the list goes on and on.

Clayton was quite frustrated because Kendall was so busy with the preparations and all, they barely had any time for each other. But he then smiled to himself. He would have her all to himself in a day, Kendall would become his. In every sense of the word, and now by law.

Kendall was a mess of nerves, as she clutched onto Her uncle Gabriel's arm like it was her lifeline, he chuckled at her horrified expression, 

and she turned to glare at him, he instantly sobered but a smile was still on his lips, her main bridesmaid was Vanessa, while Claytons best man was George. She took a deep breath as the music struck.

Her wedding dress cost a fortune and so did everything else, she cared naught at that moment, as she tried not to fall as they walked down the aisle.

She looked up and straight into Clayton's warm eyes, he looked utterly magnificent in a grey suit that brought out the color of his eyes even more.

While he thought she was a miracle, as cliche as it sounded and as much as he read in the books the feeling of being complete and loved burst in his chest.

He didn't believe in fairytales or happy endings, but he did believe in finding love and cherishing it. He knew there were never happy endings, but he did believe in forgiving and moving on, fighting but then reconciling. Making a better, happier future for oneself and their other half.

As they held each other's hands and finished their vows, a tender
"I do" and they tied the knot, forever bound to each other, through sickness and health, happiness, loneliness and despair, they promised to stand by each other. And they sealed their future with a soft, tender, and promising kiss.

They then danced under the stars, in each other's arms, with their loved ones right next to them. As Kendall threw her bouquet of flowers and it landed right into Vanessa's hands who blushed profusely and for some odd reason looked at George which had Kendall raise her brows in question at Vanessa who shrugged.

And Kendall was feeling sizzling chemistry between Vanessa and George as they both would steal glances at each other, that also didn't go unnoticed by Clayton and he looked at Kendall with a knowing look in his steel eyes.

Later then, they returned back home, and there they were, once again in each other's arms that they called home. 

As Clayton teased Kendall, with his caresses and his hot touch, they were naked under the sheets, with their clothes lying in heaps on the floor, making sweet, passionate love. The moans of two ardent lovers filled the silence of the room.

Despite everything, they knew they couldn't get enough of each other, they both were addicted and they didn't mind it one bit. As they both reached for it together, and found it at the same time, crying in ecstasy.

And tangled in each other's arms, lying in their bed, still intimately joined, looking out the window through which the moonlight fell on the both of them, content, as they knew no matter what the future held, they would be there to face it - together.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello darlings,
Only one chapter and then the epilogue, I can't believe it's almost finished. I'm so happy I wrote this book despite that fact that I thought I'd never reach this point, I actually did.
Thank you all please vote and comment
Peace out