chapter 9

frowning in her sleep, Kendall shifted sides, something seemed out of place. Everything seemed normal except for the fact that her pillow ... was breathing!

She quickly opened her eyes and snapped her head up and realized she wasn't on a pillow but her head was on a chest and not any chest ... Claytons' chest! 

She tried to pull up but his strong arm was draped across her waist holding her down in a rather she concluded ... Possessive gesture.

And then she realized how they were sleeping, Clayton was on his back while Kendall was lying on her stomach half on top of him and her head and hand was on his chest while one of his hand was linked behind his head and the other was across her waist. 

She tried to move but it was no use, he was too strong, and while she was in the process of trying to get out of his grip she got fascinated with something, his face, this was the first time she was looking at it so closely.

He was no less than a Greek god, his dark hair was inky against the gleaming whiteness of the pillow, and sleep softened the rugged contours is his tanned face, making him look almost boyish. 

Since he was sleeping she had the freedom of looking at him to her heart's content.

The sheet had slid down his hips and for the first time she saw him in a T-shirt, exposing to her the view the full expanse of his broad, muscled chest and arms. 

Kendall was still mesmerized by his face so she didn't realize his eyes had opened, while she was staring at his plum lips, they formed into a smirk and Kendall frowned and brought her gaze up to his eyes and froze.

He was wide awake and he was grinning at her, her cheeks heated up because once again she had been caught staring at him.

'good morning," he said his voice husky and deep with sleep. 

His voice ... Does things to me Jesus Christ, she thought. 

She snapped out of her thoughts and sat in bed, and he was still staring at her with a knowing grin on his face. Blast him, she thought.

And she jumped out of bed and ran out of the bed into the washroom. She quickly took a shower and put on a lilac blouse with a knee length pencil skirt, 

tying her hair up in a high pony, and she came out of the washroom and sighed in relief when she realized he had left.

She went downstairs and realized she had to face him one time or the other, she sucked a breath for courage and marched into the dining room, Clayton was wearing a black suit, leaving the first 2 buttons of his front shirt open relieving his tanned skin underneath.

She went and sat down on the table and wanted to ask what he was doing in her bed last night and she was mustering up all her guts to spill it. 

Ok Kendall on the count of three, one two- 

" What were you doing in my room last night," she blurted out before she could stop herself, and her eyes widened out of her own account when she realized what she had just asked.

 Clayton slowly put down the newspaper and interlaced his fingers and placed them on the table and started looking at her with an intense gaze.

" You don't remember do you?" He asked

Kendall shook her head and looked into his eyes,

'Well last night around 2 I was sleeping and I heard screaming so I ran into your room and found you sweating, screaming and crying, I tried waking you up but you didn't, then when u finally did you calmed down when u saw me,