chapter 10

the next day Kendall was early out of bed and in the bathtub, letting the warm water relax her muscles and letting last night's memories wash over her like the running drops of water on her skin. 

She then headed out and wore a summer dress with roses printed on them, and she headed out of the room and descended down the stairs.

With all sorts of thoughts running in her mind, like will Clayton treat her indifferently, or will he kiss her, or will he act like yesterday didn't happen at all.

When she neared the dining room her heart doubled its tempo and she could hear the thuds of her heart in her ears. 

She entered the dining room and Clayton sat at the head of the table scrolling through his phone and having his breakfast, clad in men's breeches and a white shirt. 

She sat for her breakfast, startled because he hadn't acknowledged her presence. Maybe he doesn't know you are here stupid! She thought.

"Good morning," Ken spoke up, giving him a sweet smile.

"Good morning," he mumbled under his breath in an irritated tone.

Astonished by his sudden change of mood, Ken simply turned her attention back to her food but her mind was still panicking over why he was acting so oddly.  

"Do you have any plans for today?" Ken asked, trying to give herself hope that his behavior earlier was just in her head.

"Jesus no Kendall, I don't, stop asking me so much questions can't you see I'm busy in something!" He snapped, his voice cold and his face angry.

Kendall almost jumped out of her chair because of the coldness in his voice and his use of tone was unbearable to her ears.

"I-I'm sorry," she mumbled, and she had only had two bites of her food and she got up from the table and left without looking back 

she didn't want him to see the tears and hurt that he had caused. She went to her room and cried, she didn't know what she had done to make him feel this way.

Kendall dont let him take advantage of you, he wants to hurt you, act as if you weren't even affected, and go down and show him what you are! Her mind cajoled her.

 After supper she headed back down and Clayton was no where to be seen, she ignored him and continued with her daily routine.

And the day ended and there was still no sign of Clayton and now Kendall tried not to care but it was useless, she was worried sick of where he might be or maybe worst harm might have come to him.

She woke up the next morning, changed and made her way to the dining room and was surprised to not see Clayton, the housemaid was serving her food when Ken asked,

'where is his grace Ana?" 

'miss he had breakfast early in the morning and left for some work," Ana the maid said,

"Oh," was all Kendall was able to say

Kendall waited the whole day for him to arrive but he didn't come, it was 12 at night and Kendall was in the living room on her phone when Clayton came through the front door, 

he joined Ken in the living room, without even looking in her direction he poured himself a glass of whiskey and gulped it down in one go.

Kendall still sat there with her eyes intent on his every movement and was unable to believe she was seeing a complete different side to Clayton which scared her. 

This side of his was cold, emotionless, reckless and best described as ... heartless. And then he went up the stairs to his own room without even bidding her goodnight.