chapter 13

Kendall rolled over to her side, as the morning rays entered the room, she squinted her eyes and looked over to her side where Clayton lay on his stomach fast asleep. She smiled and ran her hand through his dark locks, his lips tugged upwards in his sleep. 

She sighed blissfully as she thought of the last few months, and rubbed her hand over her belly, she was now almost 6 months pregnant.

Clayton had taken so much care of her, always asking if she had eaten, scolding her like a child when she would walk too much, she giggled lightly as she remembered when he said he would install a lifting chair for her so she won't have to climb up and down the stairs. 

He would shower her with affection and when he thought she was asleep, he would put his hand on her stomach and talk to their baby.

When they found out she was pregnant he left no room for argument and moved all her things into his room- their room now. She looked down to the ring on her finger Clayton had placed 2 months ago, after going through the proper courtship rituals they were now betrothed.

 Kendall felt kisses being peppered on her shoulder, she turned and met Claytons smiling face,

"Morning darling," he said, his voice husky and deep from sleep,

"Morning," Kendall replied kissing him.

They both rolled out of bed, dressed and headed down for breakfast, while they were dining, guests for Clayton arrived and they wanted to discuss an 'urgent' matter with the duke.

After two hours Clayton strolled out of his study, his face showed frustration and anger.

"Is something the matter Clayt-" before Kendall could finish Clayton grabbed her face in her hands and kissed her thoroughly and passionately, 

pouring his emotions into the kiss, as Kendall welcomed the thrusting of his tongue into her mouth and kissed him back with the same ardor.

  After what felt like an eternity, they both pulled back for air, breathing heavily. 

"What's going on, is something the matter?" Kendall asked placing her hand on his cheek.

"It seems so, one of our shipments has met a lot of trouble, a lot of investment has been made in it and it urgently needs my attention, 

I have to go overseas as the matter won't be solveed unless I see for myself," Clayton said placing his forehead against hers and closing his eyes sighing deeply.

Kendall nodded lightly, deep in thought, then after a moment she lifted her forehand from his and asked,

'how long will it take for you to be back." Half afraid to hear the answer, and from the look on Clayton's face it wasn't good.

"Two months, give or take." He said looking deeply into her worried eyes,

'don't stress darling, it's not good for the babe." He said kissing her cheek. Kendall only nodded, two months without him. She missed him already as tears stung her eyes, and without heed started streaming down her face.

Clayton tightly wrapped his arms around her and cooed to her that it would be alright and he would come back soon.

 A month had passed, Clayton had gone, Kendall would count the days they were away, as she laid in their bed recalling the nights of their passionate lovemaking. She missed him terribly, it pained her not seeing him.