chapter 11

Everything seemed perfect as Ken strolled down the stairs in the morning, heading to have breakfast. A huge grin on her face seemed to grow bigger as she got closer to the dining room. And there Clayton sat in all his glory, sun Ray's coming through the window from behind him surrounding him like a halo of light, he looked like a Greek god sculpted to perfection.

Clayton caught a glimpse of her and smiled at her, on legs that felt like jelly, Kendall made her way to her chair and sat down, they both had a lighthearted conversation while they had breakfast.

Clayton said in between laughs,

'Jesus Christ tell me you didn't do it," his eyes getting watery now.

"I am disappointed to inform you that I actually did," Kendall said chuckling and shaking her head,

"So you are telling me you that you didn't win a trophy in 5th grade so you hid the trophy in a tree a-," he was cut off by his own laughter and held onto his stomach and threw his head back and laughed hard.

It warmed Kendalls heart that she was able to make him laugh, he looked like a boy when he laughed.

'God you are something else," he said wiping his tears out and his shoulders were still shaking with mirth.

After a few more hilarious stories of Kendall's childhood like when she put pepper in her music teachers stuff box, 

how she tried to use a cigar at the age of 7 and when she pranked her butler by putting a fake snake in his bed and he got a panic attack which led to him spending two days in the hospital.

They were interrupted, when Simon came in and handed a tray with envelopes to Clayton, he nodded his head and the butler left.  

" What is that?" Ken asked,

"Hmm well another ball tonight, it's my friend, Frederick Witmore." He finished  

"I'll be heading out now, have fun at the ball," Kendall said and stood up to leave.

A hand shot out and clamped around her wrist and pulled her back to her seat, Kendall shot her head around to face a Clayton who was grinning from ear to ear,

'who said anything about me going alone, you miss are coming too." He said letting go of her wrist and leaning back down in his chair.

"But I didn't get an invitation," she said trying her best not to go.

"Oh sweetheart but you did," he said holding an envelope with her name on it

 She gulped audibly and looked from the envelope to Clayton who had a brow raised.

"Clayton I-," she was cut off when Clayton hauled her from her seat and she ended up in his lap.

 Her cheeks heated up at their position, she tried pushing herself up but his tight hold on her waist didn't let her,

"I love it when you say my name," he growled huskily into her neck, 

kissing her sweet spot and Kendall couldn't stifle her moan as she let one out and she felt Clayton smirk against her neck,

'Little one I have to stop before I finish what I started," He said nipping her skin, and Kendall by now was able to emit heat.

"Clayton someone might come," Kendall said trying to get up once more, 

this time Clayton reluctantly let her get up and she shot out of his lap as if her derrière had been set on fire, she straightened her dress and looked up.