Chapter 21 : Sins of the Son

[A/N: There are scenes of graphic violence in this chapter, proceed with caution.]

Arthit groaned, his head felt heavy, he gently fingered the bruise forming on the side of his head. He looked around the room, in the corner he saw a tied up P'Gun, still unconscious. The windows in the room were boarded up, the hint of light through a crack indicating it was morning. Arthit struggled against the binds, his hands chafed against the ropes.

Arthit let his thoughts travel, of course Kongpob would know he had been abducted, but how would he find them? It was pointless to lose hope now, Kongpob would come for him, only he hoped it wouldn't be too late. Meanwhile his eyes roamed around the room, trying to find a means of escape.

The door opened suddenly and their captor entered, a nasty grin on his face. Arthit bared his teeth, his sign of aggression only seemed to encourage the man. He put his face closer to Arthit.

"I do love your spirit, Arthit."

Arthit spat on P'Somchai's face, whose patience had run its course. He wiped his face, before pulling Arthit's hair, wrenching his face upright.

"It's what got you in this position in the first place, tied up, on death's door. Soon, you'll be begging me for mercy."

"Why are you doing this?"

P'Somchai chuckled darkly, dragging a chair right in front of Arthit.

"You don't know? That's really funny."

He ran his fingers along Arthit's jaw, caressing his face. Arthit turned his face away, away from his wandering fingers.

"Did you think I would be silent while you and that detective boyfriend of yours, dragged my father through the mud?"

"Your father? Wait - the director is your father?"

"You're not an idiot after all. You both couldn't just things lie, because of you, my father had to take the fall for me. And then that idiot over there -"

At this, P'Somchai gestured at P'Gun with his head before continuing.

" -lost the USB, which came into your hands. I left in my father's study by mistake and before I knew it, he had given it over to him -"

"Why did you do it? Embezzling funds from your father's company - you would have got caught eventually -"

P'Somchai's face twisted into a dark scowl, he spat on the ground bitterly.

"Why did I do it? Because I can! Why shouldn't I? Look at the way they treated my father, he served them tirelessly for 28 years, but when doubts were raised against his integrity, they threw him aside -"

"That happened because of you! If you didn't commit a fraud, none of this would have happened."

Arthit's head reeled as P'Somchai struck him across the face.

"Shut up!"

P'Gun had been awake for a while now, he hadn't been able to remain silent any longer, he made a sound of protest.

"Awake, are you?"

P'Somchai focused his attention on P'Gun, Arthit watched as he grabbed P'Gun's chin, kissing him brutally.

"What? You don't like that anymore?"

"P'Somchai, stop this, hasn't your father suffered enough? You're going to prison anyway, do you want to add to the list of charges against you -"

"You're right, Gun. I don't have anything to lose, which is why I'm going to make sure that you both are punished -"

"W-what are you going to do to us?"