⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟖

the sound of shouting and arrows shooting filled the air.

"what's going on?" kaho asked, running out the tent she had been forced to sleep in after yun caught her yawning during one of his daily speeches. all she saw was a man running away, telling yona to believe in him.

"kaho, what are you doing up?" yun asked.

"i wasn't even sleeping. i was reading." she headed over to Zeno. "hey, my bestie. yun's being a meanie."

he patted her head whilst saying, "it's okay, kaho, you can cry."

"i'm not gonna cry!" she replied, hitting his shoulders playfully. "but what's going on anyway?"

"ah, kaho dear, you're finely awake, well that man was lord tae-jun. he's helping us i guess?" jae-ha replied.

"lord... tae-jun!"

"yea— wow. what happened, kaho dear? you look angry." he examined the way her eyes flared in the direction the man had ran.

"for years, i've been plotting ways on how to get my revenge on him!" she yelled, trying to run after him.

"no, you don't." hak said grabbing her kimono by the collar so that she was lifted, dangling in the air.

"hey!" she cried out, trying to fight him off. he knew all about why she hated him so much and letting her loose would ruin everything.

"what did he do to you?" kija asked.

"oh. you do not want to know..."

"calm down kaho..." yona patted her back several times. "breathe in and out."

"okay, i'm fine now..." she followed yona, breathing in and out.

yona and the others except shin-ah and kaho went to go around town looking for lord tae-jun. to be honest, she couldn't care any less about what they were doing. she really didn't feel like meeting him. she'd probably end up strangling him to death.

looking down at her kimono, seeing it was ripped and worn out she spoke, "hey shin-ah, i think i should buy some new clothes. you don't mind if i go to buy some?"

she didn't really expect him to follow but he stood up and tagged along. surprisingly, she had a lot of money on her. yun's money to be precise. he definitely noticed she took it from him but didn't say anything.

"i'm going in here." she told shin-ah pointing to a shop and entered in greeting the old woman inside. "hi~"

the woman dropped a pile of clothes on the floor and stared, wide eyed as if she had seen a ghost but quickly shook it off and smiled at the girl.

"hi sweetie! what are you looking for?"

"a kimono please."

"over here." she followed the old woman towards clothes folded neatly on shelves. "these are all the kimonos. take your time."

kaho happily looked through the piles, seeing so many options. two kimonos caught her eyes, one was a dark blue one with a lighter shade flower print. the other was cream, a bit shorter and looser which would be greater to wear while fighting. both were gorgeous.

"hey, miss, you're the only person here right now so could you tell me which one would look nicer?" she held up the two kimonos so the woman could see.

"the cream one would look beautiful on you."

"thank you so much, miss..."

"zhu yenay."

"ah. are you chinese?" kaho asked, recognising the name as being one. it was rare for chinese people to live in japan but recently, more had been moving there.