⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟐

"i cant believe zeno used to be married." kaho said to yun. she stood next to him, tugging on his sleeves. ever since the events of yesterday, she hadn't left his side. they were stuck together like glue. wherever he was, she was.

"to think that someone like him could find a wife." he joked, thinking back to the story zeno had told them.

"it was so sad, the story." kaho began to tear up again. "i'd hate the idea of not even being able to marry before i die."

"then would you like to get married?" yun asked, but at the sight of kaho going red, he realised what he had said. "no! not like that! i-i mean do you want to get married to someone soon or will you wait till you're older?"

"i've... i've never really thought about it. even if i'm young, i wouldn't mind marrying if it means spending the rest of my life with someone i love." she told him, staring down at the ground where she was kicking her feet.

"me too. i'm just looking for that person." he said. slowly, her face lifted up so that her eyes met his.

"anyone in mind?" she asked, taking a step closer.

"maybe." he whispered. the two only had a small gap between them as they lost themselves in each other's eyes.

"kaho!"

quickly, the two shuffled away from each other and turned to see yona and hak walking their way.

"hi. what's up?" kaho asked, still out of it slightly. something was about to happen.

"we're going hunting. is there anything you want us to get?"

"we'll be fine with birds! don't overdo it, okay?" yun told them.

"yes!" yona replied and left with hak.

"we should get back to the others." kaho said, breaking the silence and tension between them.

"um... wait." he was going to reach out for her arm to pull her back but she had already disappeared from his sight and back to camp.

she ran straight into one of the tents and collapsed inside, rolling on the floor thinking about that moment they had. she wanted to scream into a pillow.

"kaho, is something the matter?" kija's voice filled her ears. she rolled on her side to see him standing by the entrance of the tent with a concerned look on his face. "did a bug attack you?!"

"no... my heart just hurts. it's beating so fast." she put a hand to her chest, feeling the beats.

"are you sick?! i'll go call yun." he went to leave the tent.

"don't!" she yelled, startling him. "i'm fine. i'll sleep it off."

"okay then, rest well." he softly patted her head and she fell back onto the floor greeting the darkness when she closed her eyes.

her sleep only lasted around twenty mins because of shouting from outside.

"you don't have to be number one!! if you can be that one special person from the start...you can—" kija's voice was cut off by the sound of a punch and a yell from someone else. she couldn't quite recognise the voice. it sounded like shin-ah but he would never yell like that.

"shut up! you're annoying!"

"how strange, he punched me."

"it's okay. i would have punched you for that just now too." yun said.

"i see."

"well it'd be best if we just left it alone. act natural. shin-ah could you help me fix the tent." jae-ha said as kaho, who was inside began to get up seeing the tent she was in was slumped to one side.