⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟖

"yun, wait up!"

"kaho, why did you follow me?" the genius pretty boy asked, stopping in his path. he had left to go find the dragons because they were taking a long time to return and she had followed after him.

"did you really think i'd leave you to go by yourself? who's going to protect you other than me?" she deadpanned and then took his hand. "come on. let's find them."

they didn't spend long searching the town. it was easy to find them. a group of men with special abilities fighting against another man with a weapon would easily stand out to anyone.

the man with the weapon slashed at jae-ha, sending him to the ground with blood spraying everywhere.

"kaho..." yun breathed, scared by the sight in front of them. "they're hurt badly."

"yun—" he slipped through her grasp and crouched in front of jae-ha, his arms spread to block the mans weapons that was heading towards him. kaho nearly cried out in fear for the boy.

"WAIT!" the weapon stopped with only a small gap between it and his head. "jae-ha and kija are already beaten up. dont hit them any more!"

"boy!" zeno exclaimed.

"a friend of theirs?" the man whispered to himself then raised his voice. "that's right. then die."

"no!" kaho yelled out, reaching by her hip prepared to protect him, only to realise her katana wasn't on her. the one time she needed it, she didn't have it...

the man glanced in her direction for a brief moment then looked back at yun. she took this as her chance to check on the two dragons on the floor, examining their wounds and helping them sit up.

"we haven't done anything to deserve being killed! are xing warriors the kind to keep swinging their weapons at people who don't fight back until they die?! are you all proud to do that?!"

"yun, don't. just move." jae-ha said, as kaho supported his back.

"no way, you idiot. it's my job to make sure you guys don't get hurt. i'm not moving no matter what!"

"stop him." jae-ha told kaho. "before he gets himself killed."

"i am a human being from kouka kingdom and i hate both violence and war. so before you kill me, at least get that through your head!"

"there will be no killing!" kaho yelled, going to stand in front of yun. she knew she couldn't fight this man. no weapons wasn't the only issue. because they were from kouka, if she fought people from xing it could cause a war between the two.

"take them away." the man spoke to the guards. they huddled around them, separating the group so that they could drag them to wherever the man wanted. kaho tried her best not to fight back but seeing the state her friends were in was causing a burning rage inside of her.

they were dragged to a mansion and immediately taken to some cells, where they were locked up in the cold.

"kija! jae-ha!" after being let go, kaho rushed back to her two deeply injured friends

"i'm okay, dear." jae-ha told her but his strangled breathing and bloody face said otherwise.

"me too." kija said but it wouldn't convince her at all.

"we need to get you healed. i'll get us out of here." she went over to the bars, hitting her knuckles against some. she was looking for any rusty ones that could be loose and break apart.