⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟎

"this village is so lively!" kaho exclaimed, looking around in excitement at the village along the border of the earth tribe. zeno was doing the same, standing in a stance with his arms slightly in the air.

"i came thinking i could buy some things because this place is doing well." yun said, a smile on his face as he guided the group around.

"hey, kid, i'm hungry! let's buy some meat buns! meat buns~" zeno sang, his cheeks pink because he was excited to eat.

"hold on. i brought some food." yun pulled out a wrapped box. "here, salted rice balls."

"yun, did i ever tell you how much i love you?!" kaho cheered, going over to him so she could be the first to get the rice balls.

"you're only saying that because i feed you!" he retorted, shoving one rice ball into her hands knowing she wouldn't be able to wait any longer.

everyone else took a rice ball after having put their hands together to pray. kaho closed her eyes and hummed in delight, ready to eat. she opened her mouth and went in to take a bite, but didn't taste or feel anything but air.

"yun's rice ball was taken." yona whispered.

"MY RICE BALL!" kaho yelled, chasing after the boy who had snatched hers and yona's. she ran at a fast pace, in rage, but the boy was way faster. thankfully, ao had stopped the boy. "give back my rice ball." she sobbed, kneeling on the floor in front of the boy.

"hold it right there! give back the rice ball." yun had caught up to them. "huh? it's a kid."

the kid tried running off again but flinched at the sight of the rest of the group and fell back to the floor, in a daze.

"are you hungry? hold on just a bit." yona swiftly got out her bow, aiming at the sky. she released the arrow and shot at a bird, it fell down in front of the group. "here. you can have it." she picked up the bird and handed it to the astonished boy.

"a-amazing. you're a cool girl!" the boy said, the group agreeing with him until his next words that made their faces go sour. "i like you! come be my bride."

"what!" kaho looked between the two as yun and kija scolded him.

"i can't marry you. i'm sorry." yona interrupted but the boy wouldn't give up.

"yona won't give herself to you. go pick someone else." yun said and kaho immediately hid behind hak so that the boy wouldn't remember there was another girl there.

"i won't give up!"

"give up and i'll give you a rice ball." yun bargained.

"you're nice. come be my bride." the boy said.

"ah sorry! yun is my bride." kaho appeared from behind hak, laughing. she threw an arm around yun's shoulder, bringing him close to her.

the strawberry blonde haired boy bit the inside of his cheek, a strange feeling in his stomach because of the close contact. he glanced to the side, avoiding looking at her.

"huh? aren't you a girl?" the young boy paused, thinking as he stared at her. "you're... really pretty. be my pretty bride."

"sorry kiddo, but it's a no."

"kija how are you feeling?" yona asked sitting beside the dragon who was laying on the floor, exhausted.

after having met the boy they went on a journey to take him home, though, kija had gotten a fever on the way and collapsed. the boys parents had let the group in their house.